account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

XZP camera has serious distortion issue

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 771 of 838
Message 771 of 838

Re: XZP camera has serious distortion issue

Who cares what camera lens displays what kind of distortion - they all do.  All I'm asking for is that if Sony wants me to take pictures in "Superior Auto" so darn much, then they should "Automatically" correct any issues in the image processing, including distortion caused by the lens.  If they aren't going to correct it for me, then at least give me the raw so I can do it properly myself.  To give me neither is pretty bad, seeing as how other manufacturers give me BOTH.

Inhabitant
Message 772 of 838
Message 772 of 838

Malaysia version XZP Just get Oreo 8.0 update 30 mins ago,  Some people say the new version  camera app  has a  distortion correction options like samsung.........But there is no picture comparison yet.

Adviser
Message 773 of 838
Message 773 of 838

Correction option for picture mode or just video mode like the xz1 (compact)?

Anyone from Malaysia who could take a screenshot?

Enthusiast
Message 774 of 838
Message 774 of 838

I come from Thailand and that option is for still picture. Thank for this SONY !

This issues can be mark as solved now.

Device : Xperia XZ1
Headphone : MDR-1ALTD + MUC-S12SB1, ATH WS1100 + MUC-S12SM1
DAC/AMP : PHA-2A
Message 775 of 838
Message 775 of 838

Good news! So you got the correction option now? Hope that you all are satisfied Slightly smiling Face

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Adviser
Message 776 of 838
Message 776 of 838

Can you please take a screenshot and also post few comparison pictures?

@Quester

Do you have any possibility to ask any sony guys when this also arrives for xz1(compact)?

Message 777 of 838
Message 777 of 838

@enthilzar

Unfortunately, such info is not accessible by any unofficial way. You'll have to wait for an update about release dates on the official Sony Blog or other social platforms.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Message 778 of 838
Message 778 of 838

1.jpgon2.jpgoff

the latest 8.0 version.

the first one sets correction option on and the second sets off.

so it's looks like better than before.

(from:http://weibo.com/1748136774/FrIuxBM2Z?filter=hot&root_comment_id=0&type=comment#_rnd1508749905544)

Inhabitant
Message 779 of 838
Message 779 of 838

Some users test  photo, user said there is still a little bit of waves,but much better same as other brands, acceptable.

User also said unfortunately the "alien head" distortion still much more serious than other brands ,so close to the middle,If you often shoot portrait, especially children,  this generation is still not a good choice..........

https://wx1.sinaimg.cn/large/740d9d79gy1fksaaik735j20zk0qoq9y.jpg

Message 780 of 838
Message 780 of 838

@timtam wrote:

Some users test  photo, user said there is still a little bit of waves,but much better same as other brands, acceptable.

User also said unfortunately the "alien head" distortion still much more serious than other brands ,so close to the middle,If you often shoot portrait, especially children,  this generation is still not a good choice..........

https://wx1.sinaimg.cn/large/740d9d79gy1fksaaik735j20zk0qoq9y.jpg

That's called perception distortion, as explained with your first images on this thread loooong ago it's not something that can ever be "fixed" except learning about angles and lenses.

Read this and take note of the first image that's plain to see.

https://clickitupanotch.com/2014/06/lens-distortion/

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.