account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XZP camera has serious distortion issue

Adept
Message 93 of 328
Message 93 of 328

XZP camera has serious distortion issue

Dear Sony support staff,

we have spent roughly 800 $ on a phone - and it has issues with camera distortion. 

https://forum.xda-developers.com/xz-premium/help/xzp-camera-distortion-photos-t3622842

Here, it's on Google anyway, so is the link to the thread you deleted - just as the one asking for reasons why you deleted the first thread.

A little more commitment to the issue would be appreciated. Again, we are your customers - just in case you forgot, if we stop spending money on Sony products, you'll face tough times finding a new employment.

And now, please work on a solution and discuss the issue with us. As far as I know, Sony is based in Japan, not North Korea.

327 REPLIES
Elite
Message 1 of 328
Message 1 of 328

Re: XZP camera has serious distortion issue

@feskey

could you point out the distortion on the pictures? also, could you take pictures of an object or person not a screen? 

Also, could you post the links to the forums you are referring to?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Talent
Message 2 of 328
Message 2 of 328

this post was gone before by the  moderator viridis's movement here ,and he said it is by some edit reason . now  restore,but the main text and the first page have been modified and remove,also the thousands of views amount was emptied,I do not know why, so I repost below:

Just received XZP from SONY store, Out for a small trip today ,take pictures for family, all the pictures are distorted, only the head in the middle is slightly normal, but the body still twisted.
See attachment photos the head around the lens surrounding site all the irregular distorted .
this is not a simple wide-angle distortion but a rare irregular distortion.Try to shoot real person in different angles, the problem will be more serious then the attachment screen take photos , you simply can not choose one normal photos
Is this issue can fix by the update ???
XZS forum are the same problems have been 2 months still no fix ! 
Now seems the whold world xzp is the same problem, the flat shooting distortion is not the main problem, just for your reference .The main problem is the three-dimensional scene, when shooting three-dimensional scene will enhance the perspective several times, seriously beyond the reach of the human eye perceived acceptance , also seriously beyond the distortion of other mobile phones,The closer result you get will distortion more, No matter how you compose, how to adjust the distance and shooting angle,As long as leaving the center  little center area, all will be serious distortion,again seriously beyond the distortion of other mobile phones!see carefully all the picture in all pages from different users , Portrait photography and flat grid shooting.  

Especially the explanation on Message 184,this explains everything.

http-%2F%2Fimgur.com%2F3dJeVfq.jpgPPP.jpg

(The picture above comes from a xzp user who have professional knowledge , specific see link here)

https://forum.xda-developers.com/xz-premium/help/distortion-issue-scientific-approach-t3622966

Compare with other brand distortions:

f1.jpgf2.jpgf3.jpg

The following test is vertical as possible as parallel to the computer screen ,Try  to take the results of four different composition position.

555.jpgDSC_0090_resize.JPGDSC_0092_resize.JPGDSC_0093_resize.JPGDSC_0094_resize.JPGDSC_0096_resize.JPGDSC_0097_resize.JPG未标题-1.jpg

Talent
Message 3 of 328
Message 3 of 328

@uliwooly 

I will shoot some person photo tomorrow.

Talent
Message 4 of 328
Message 4 of 328

@uliwooly

2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg9.jpg

same two and a half years old children,  the results of Shoot look like 6 years old body and head,

a variety of different stretch distortion,

vertical and horizontal all are the same ,also 4:3,16:9 are the same distortion

this has been seriously beyond the acceptable range of mobile phone lens distortion

I just want to know ,is this can be fix by Late update lens correction data ???

One time poster
Message 5 of 328
Message 5 of 328

Wow the distortion is really bad but in my opinion that is not the worst part. Not sure you you have noticed but on every photo the sony has removed the eyes of your children and replaced with a white line?! Can that be sorted with a software update?

Talent
Message 6 of 328
Message 6 of 328

@uliwooly

can this fix by late update?

Elite
Message 7 of 328
Message 7 of 328

@feskey

I'll escalate this but you might want to get it inspected by your Local support 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Talent
Message 8 of 328
Message 8 of 328

@uliwooly

thanks, I will go to local support.  

a little confused here what you mean "escalate" ? an increase update or you mean submit the question to the relevant department !?

Elite
Message 9 of 328
Message 9 of 328

@feskey

more or less the later.