account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

XZP camera has serious distortion issue

SOLVED
Enthusiast
Message 821 of 838
Message 821 of 838

Re: XZP camera has serious distortion issue

@Bonelol wrote:

No offence, I just want to laugh for a minute:

Our tests concludes that the amount of lens distortion in the Xperia XZs and the Xperia XZ Premium is approximately the same as recent Sony Mobile products (including the Xperia XZ) as well as competitor products. Photo quality is an area that Sony continuously improves and we will take all feedback in this thread to heart and continue to look for ways to help make your images better.

Well... same here Smiling Face with open mouth & closed Eyes

Device : Xperia XZ1
Headphone : MDR-1ALTD + MUC-S12SB1, ATH WS1100 + MUC-S12SM1
DAC/AMP : PHA-2A
Talent
Message 822 of 838
Message 822 of 838

S8 is a joke

Apprentice
Message 823 of 838
Message 823 of 838

Has anyone tested this "correction for image distortion"setting on the Excell sheet?

Inhabitant
Message 824 of 838
Message 824 of 838

before and after

true.pngDSC_2310.JPG

Correction of image distortion works but a new problem has appeared.

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-XZ-Premium/Problem-with-RGBC-IR-and-ToF-sensor-not-reading-and...

Veteran
Message 825 of 838
Message 825 of 838

@Stephmeister101 wrote:

Thank you for solving the problem. This is my first Xperia and i really love it was only disappointed by the distortion. Now i can recommend this to everyone i know.

PS . i wish someone replied in this thread earlier that they are already planning on a fix and not let this issue blow over.

Very important message to Sony representatives. I hope it will be lesson learned for them. 

Message 826 of 838
Message 826 of 838

Same here, BIG DISTORTION issues on XZP... Please see picture...DSC_0396.JPG

Ricardo
Enthusiast
Message 827 of 838
Message 827 of 838

RGBC-IR and ToF sensor broblem is fixed with new update 47.1.A.5.51 firmware.

Highlighted
Learner
Message 828 of 838
Message 828 of 838

What they could do, is just fully support the camera2api, then we can use google tech to post process the raw image and give us decent photos...

Learner
Message 829 of 838
Message 829 of 838

Having issues with camera on my new xz premium, when doing video in a well lit room the video/screen is so **bleep** dark that it makes it a waste of time trying to record anything, here is a screenshot, it is even dark with the phone light turned on its ridiculous Screenshot_20171123-203749.png

Message 830 of 838
Message 830 of 838

@imaggot

You'll get this when you activate the Super Slow Motion mode. If you are recording normal or 4K video you should expect a much better quality.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.