account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

XZP camera has serious distortion issue

SOLVED
Message 811 of 838
Message 811 of 838

Re: XZP camera has serious distortion issue

@Nighthawk1979 wrote:.

It does seem that a small amount of info is enough for some people but I would argue that until everyone has received a working update then the post should not be marked as solved as we still want unsuspecting potential customers to be wary until it is definitely fixed.

Let's see if this is edited or deleted.

It's not a small amount of info tho is it, it's an actual update that is rolling out and people are reporting back that it is indeed included.

If it was just emirs statement with no update yet, I'd understand but the fact that it is an actual real life update means 2 things.

1 it's real

2 you have to wait your turn.

Posting up 4 walls of text and one chat log does nothing to further your request, in fact it seemed to only get you agitated more with each post.

Adding a live chat log that added literally nothing to the thread except "we're not sure" is hardly worthy of keeping on a thread that has another 4 huge posts after it pretty much explaining the same.

No one knows when UK will get it.

History suggests it could be tomorrow, next week or even weeks after that, you have the option of buying knowing that this firmware is coming, or not. That's only something you can decide.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Commissioner
Message 812 of 838
Message 812 of 838

@viridisI haven't seen that tweet here and also why nobody posted here oficially?

Also, I'm not talking about you guys I'm talking about official channels (you guys do a really good job, keep it up!). Many people tried to find out from customer reps in their countries if anything is being done and I haven't seen even one post where Sony reps even addmitted that the issue exists.

In addition, as per your own signature:

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.

That's why I don't count your advice for example as "offcial Sony advice". Again, there were many helpful people here including mods but we needed something more "official" if you know what I mean.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy it's sorted and I knew Sony won't ignore it but they way they handled it from the customer service and Pr perspective is really bad...

Adept
Message 813 of 838
Message 813 of 838

After upgrade . The camera seems always crash. Im experiencing few times launch camera hang. No image . Screen black and shown camera error . The 3D creator also crash once. 

Inhabitant
Message 814 of 838
Message 814 of 838

viridis 

People are allowed to have a difference of opinion.  In my opinion the community would be better served by actually being allowed to read first hand information for themselves.

My next question for you would be why you have such a cavalier attitude to the update schedule.   As you have stated it's up to me to decide if I want to buy the phone.  The decision is not an easy one.  I have been waiting for this phone since it launched and I have put off buying a new phone in the hope that it would be resolved.  I have gone to a sim only 12 month contract and am willing to give Sony £649 of my money.  This is not a trivial amount and in order to justify the purchase I need to be convinced that the fix is indeed real and will be implemented in a short time frame.  I take a large amount of photos of my family doing things and I want the memories to be accurately recorded.  This is (or was) especially important today as my Note 4 began having serious issues with random restarts rapid battery loss and turning off at 25%.  These problems mean that I have had to get a new phone today.  Yes as the posts went on it did appear that i was getting more agitated, possibly I was, but I was also seriously hopefull that the problem had been sorted out and that I would be able to get the phone that I wanted.  

The chat that I had with the support staff was very long and had to be split across multiple posts due to this forums character limit and there actually still no guarantee for people in the U.K. that the problem is fixed.  Also if the posts had been left up then I think that it would have been nice for people to see that a membe of the support staff was actually acknowledging a problem with the camera.

I read through the rules post and I did not see anything in them that would have deterred me from making that post or that would give anyone a reason to edit or delete it.  I also took note of the part that stated that you do not delete post's.  I also liked the bit that ultimately states that the moderator's have the final say on anything and can do what they want.

I have been fighting on this post, on social media and in shops that I have visited to get Sony to treat their customers fairly even though I was only a potential customer.  That was how passionate I was about a) the phone and b) how Sony should treat it's customers.

Unfortunately for Sony and for the rest of the community.  The actions and attitudes of moderator's (and I use the term loosely, because a mods purpose is to avoid and sort out conflict, not to start or justify it) today has soured my whole experience on here.  I have bought the S8, it's a great phone, I will not be giving my money to Sony.  I will no longer be fighting for other customers right's and I hope that other people can understand why.

Let's see if the "We do not delete posts" part of your own rules holds true.

Inhabitant
Message 815 of 838
Message 815 of 838

Ok, now RAW format and complete manual camera! 

This is the right way!

Learner
Message 816 of 838
Message 816 of 838

Thanks to this, i will buy a new Sony mobile.. BUT, PLEASE, next time make Compact version of xperia XZ1 DUAL SIM too.. 

Have a nice day,

Riccardo

Enthusiast
Message 817 of 838
Message 817 of 838

Hope update will not phone like on previously Z series, especially battery drain and device lag... 

Adept
Message 818 of 838
Message 818 of 838

Rookie
Message 819 of 838
Message 819 of 838

How about Xperia XZ?

I mean about Correction for image distortion..

@

Highlighted
Adept
Message 820 of 838
Message 820 of 838

No offence, I just want to laugh for a minute:

Our tests concludes that the amount of lens distortion in the Xperia XZs and the Xperia XZ Premium is approximately the same as recent Sony Mobile products (including the Xperia XZ) as well as competitor products. Photo quality is an area that Sony continuously improves and we will take all feedback in this thread to heart and continue to look for ways to help make your images better.