account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

XZP camera has serious distortion issue

SOLVED
Message 621 of 838
Message 621 of 838

Re: XZP camera has serious distortion issue

@TobbeSwe wrote:

If steadyshot cuts out the sides and "fixes" the distortion then apply it to photos aswell as we wouldn´t mind that feature for stabiliation as XZ/XZS/XZP and now XZ1 aswell as the older devices don´t have OIS. 

Because the Steadyshot stabiliation lens profile correction actually works for video then it should work for imaging aswell... 

recording a video in 1080p uses only a small part of a sensor - a 1920x1080 area out of available 5056x3792. that's probably why the distortion isn't as pronounced in videos.

One time poster
Message 622 of 838
Message 622 of 838

unbelievable and uncomfortable

a1.jpga2.jpga4.jpga5.jpga6.jpga7.jpga8.jpga9.jpga11.jpga3.jpg

Genius
Message 623 of 838
Message 623 of 838

@GigaLight I am trying to replicate the same but I can't, any way you can post the original pictures in a google drive account? I will like to see the EXIF information.

Thank you Slightly smiling Face

» If you find that an answer helped, say thanks and give kudos Slightly smiling Face

Wizardry is the key!
Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 624 of 838
Message 624 of 838

Show me pictures from XZP that have no image distortion problem. Smiling Face with open mouth & closed Eyes

Genius
Message 625 of 838
Message 625 of 838

@Lukas333 I'm not saying that the distortion doesn't exist, and I'll tell you I already tried to replicate those pictures to get the same level of distortion and I simply can't. By taking the exif I can reproduce the same exact conditions on several architectural subjects to check if I can take pictures like those.

Lack of exif or original photos then can lead me to think that the device used to take those pictures is really damaged or that the photos are not original but modified with photoshop or similar apps hence that some users here are just trying to troll and/or start dramas. 

» If you find that an answer helped, say thanks and give kudos Slightly smiling Face

Wizardry is the key!
Enthusiast
Message 626 of 838
Message 626 of 838

I think yogem comment is right.

I'm sure distortion is really there but I also want to see the original photo with exif.

Device : Xperia XZ1
Headphone : MDR-1ALTD + MUC-S12SB1, ATH WS1100 + MUC-S12SM1
DAC/AMP : PHA-2A
Adept
Message 627 of 838
Message 627 of 838

The People Whit the xz premium... Give me pictures.. Right now.. 

Enthusiast
Message 628 of 838
Message 628 of 838

This is one bad distortion. I have distortion, but not like this. This is realy bad. What is your Rev. number?

Talent
Message 629 of 838
Message 629 of 838

@GigaLight

wow!! Thats some sh!tty fotos you got there!! I would never acept something like this. try to take your money back, may be this is hardware failure because its just ridiculous even for the XZP...

Message 630 of 838
Message 630 of 838

DSC_0001.JPGI am sure the tiles are straight...

Sony XZ Premium,Samsung S9 Plus and iPhone X.
MDR-Z1R,ATH-MSR7 and V-Moda Crossfade Wireless.