account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

XZP camera has serious distortion issue

SOLVED
Enthusiast
Message 571 of 838
Message 571 of 838

Re: Will XZ1 have the same camera distortion issuse as XZP?

Lol this means nothing. They probably only add the burst shooting mode and the predictive mode to xzp. This doesn't mention any distortion fix. But lets hope. Once i get the xz1 compact i will check this topic immediately. I do not believe that sony has produced a new camera lens for xz1.

Learner
Message 572 of 838
Message 572 of 838

@z3c_86 wrote:

Lol this means nothing. They probably only add the burst shooting mode and the predictive mode to xzp. This doesn't mention any distortion fix. But lets hope. Once i get the xz1 compact i will check this topic immediately. I do not believe that sony has produced a new camera lens for xz1.

They mean the  new features from XZ1 not distortion fix, It's old news. Even if the distortion really fixed,I don't think some user need it,they have secret fix method by their "grid".Smiling Face with open mouth & closed Eyes

These methods are very valuable, they are not willing to share evidence.

Enthusiast
Message 573 of 838
Message 573 of 838

Here is the still picture comparison between Note8 , XZ1, XZP.

Yes the XZ1 still has the wavy distortion.

Now... let wait for the fix with hope... not despair.

https://sumahoinfo.com/xperia-xz1-xz-premium-galaxy-note8-camera-comparison-hikaku-distortion-confir...

Device : Xperia XZ1
Headphone : MDR-1ALTD + MUC-S12SB1, ATH WS1100 + MUC-S12SM1
DAC/AMP : PHA-2A
Highlighted
Adept
Message 574 of 838
Message 574 of 838

It didn't mention any thing about fixing distortion issue. The twit "Camera improvements will be made to XZ Premium with Android 8.0 Oreo upgrade - timings currently TBC but will announce here when we know"

was replying to "Is the XZ Premium going to get the new goodies of the XZ1?  Like 3D capture, new Ui, 4k in video mode, white balance in manual,and burst?"

Adept
Message 575 of 838
Message 575 of 838

Thanks for sharing the information buddy.

Inhabitant
Message 576 of 838
Message 576 of 838

@Bonelol wrote:

Thanks for sharing the information buddy

Honestly,I still can not fully believe that Sony will fix it until the official announcement, The information is 50%-50% for me. I do't think pre order XZ1 it's a good idea,See actual fix FW would be more safety. But now at least clearly  who is helping this issue with all truthful prove and sharing information , who is muddying the waters ,who is working on damage control.

Adept
Message 577 of 838
Message 577 of 838

You guys are so pessimistic, why did you choose sony in the first place and why are you observing the upcoming XZ1 if you think that sony is such a failure? The choice in your hands to switch to one of the other super brands out there like ifail or explonote 8

Enthusiast
Message 578 of 838
Message 578 of 838

Because sony is the only manufacturer in android that produces still compacts that have the same soc as the big ones and what i have seen in terms of quality is a shame for such a traditional company. I have simply concerns that 599€ will be wrong invested. This is my reason. I had a k800i, x10, and 3times the z3compact. I wish sony would introduce a programm where long term clients can design their future phone. It would be better than their current ignorant product managers.

Yesterday i talked with a friend about the xz1 and she said that she got disappointed by the quality of sony mobile. Its not comparable to normal sony products and she will buy a s8 and has asked me why i still want to take the risk. So you see Sony is loosing with this quality long term customers.

Message 579 of 838
Message 579 of 838

Re: Bad camera distortion confirmed with XZ1 too

to be fair, Note 8 camera has a pretty narrow field of view so the photos will be less distorted. it has its disadvantages though. I watched Mr. Mobile's Note 8 review on Youtube today and he complained about having to pull the camera fat away from the subject if you want to frame many people at once, for example. check from 3:35 https://youtu.be/K9BMWhYrE98
Veteran
Message 580 of 838
Message 580 of 838

I wouldn't say it better Smiling Face with open mouth & closed Eyes