account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

XZP camera has serious distortion issue

SOLVED
Adept
Message 531 of 838
Message 531 of 838

Re: Will XZ1 have the same camera distortion issuse as XZP?

@StanleyKubrick wrote:

Personally I wish this thread would be locked and deleted permanently! It is a useless debate. The vast majority of people who own this phone DO NOT care about the distortion! I have this phone and I think it takes great pictures. IT IS A CELL PHONE that just so happens to have a camera as a feature. It is NOT A CAMERA that can make phone calls, do email, do texting, run a GPS and so forth. If you want the perfect camera then GO BUY ONE FOR 10 times the cost of this phone. And for those of you who cannot stop complaining about this silly issue...SELL THE PREMIUM and go buy something else and take your childish complaints to those forums so we don't have to see them any longer. Face with stuck-out Tongue

Now where did I put my fire proof suit?

you-sir-deserve-a-cookie.jpg

Apprentice
Message 532 of 838
Message 532 of 838

@feskey wrote:

Hey Guys

I have no longer want to struggle with this problem as I have made up my mind to  change note8 or pixel2. But I'm still an XZP user right now ,just want give you guys a simple experience with all my respect.

It is impossible to use the grid or other skill to reduce this crazy distortion ,

In some good view to achieve a good composition, Absolutely can not avoid this distortion,like the pictures I attached. Super wave bridge,pincushion bookshelf, You can see the bad result in auto mode without HDR too.I can simply choose a lot of so uncomfortable photos like those in my XZP album.

Now more troubled me is the macro,Only a little bit in the middle is clear,others are all blur too much.Maybe some people like that big aperture effect,not me ,it's just too much.I try all the other brands do not have this level.This is definitely a hardware problem that can not be fixed.

Very disappointed to hear XZ1 still have distortion. Well , I still a sony fan but  not sony mobile, don't think I will buy any sony mobile products again. I hate to say this ,I think Sony will not fix this distortion . Maybe because each phone distortion degree is different because the bad hardware assembly, can not be unified repair or fix. Good luck to everyone.22.jpg11.jpgThe bridge is straight in real view.

Are you sure XZ1 keep the distortion like this ?

Actually I still don't believe Sony will make such issue when I saw this thread day before yesterday,Unfortunately I believe today after I tried XZ Premium in store. Photo like this really hard to accept. I don't think any way can let the bridge of the waves go straight, unless you swim to the middle of the sea shoot in oblique angle but also ruined such a good composition. Today I tried the grid alignment method it will only make me more clearly see the distortion.  

I still use my z2, distortion is very small,  acceptable. 4k screen premium for me it's kind of waste,so XZ1 it is my best choose in Sony brand. Please Sony at least fix it in your new phone.

Inhabitant
Message 533 of 838
Message 533 of 838

@aliZardari wrote:

@feskey wrote:

Hey Guys

I have no longer want to struggle with this problem as I have made up my mind to  change note8 or pixel2. But I'm still an XZP user right now ,just want give you guys a simple experience with all my respect.

It is impossible to use the grid or other skill to reduce this crazy distortion ,

In some good view to achieve a good composition, Absolutely can not avoid this distortion,like the pictures I attached. Super wave bridge,pincushion bookshelf, You can see the bad result in auto mode without HDR too.I can simply choose a lot of so uncomfortable photos like those in my XZP album.

Now more troubled me is the macro,Only a little bit in the middle is clear,others are all blur too much.Maybe some people like that big aperture effect,not me ,it's just too much.I try all the other brands do not have this level.This is definitely a hardware problem that can not be fixed.

Very disappointed to hear XZ1 still have distortion. Well , I still a sony fan but  not sony mobile, don't think I will buy any sony mobile products again. I hate to say this ,I think Sony will not fix this distortion . Maybe because each phone distortion degree is different because the bad hardware assembly, can not be unified repair or fix. Good luck to everyone.22.jpg11.jpgThe bridge is straight in real view.

Actually I still don't believe Sony will make such issue when I saw this thread day before yesterday,Unfortunately I believe today after I tried XZ Premium in store. Photo like this really hard to accept. I don't think any way can let the bridge of the waves go straight, unless you swim to the middle of the sea shoot in oblique angle but also ruined such a good composition. Today I tried the grid alignment method it will only make me more clearly see the distortion.  

I still use my z2, distortion is very small,  acceptable. 4k screen premium for me it's kind of waste,so XZ1 it is my best choose in Sony brand. Please Sony at least fix it in your new phone.

wrote:

@feskey wrote:

Hey Guys

Wow that is one of the best worst examples that is truly an atrocious wave effect on the bridge!

Sony just shoved an advert for the XZP on my Facebook feed. I may have let everyone know my views on the camera quality.

Enthusiast
Message 534 of 838
Message 534 of 838

It's strange now. It has been three day already since XZ1, XZ1 Compact were released and there's no photo sample yet.

Device : Xperia XZ1
Headphone : MDR-1ALTD + MUC-S12SB1, ATH WS1100 + MUC-S12SM1
DAC/AMP : PHA-2A
Adviser
Message 535 of 838
Message 535 of 838

This guy is saying it is just a phone which happens to have a camera. It costs $970 in India. Just because you don't care does not mean we do not care. We bought it because we needed camera. Apart from that, if I wanted to buy a camera, I would have bought a camera. Why don't sony just advertise their phone in that way then?

Speak for yourself, don't generalise. I said I have an issue and I want a fix. If you think you do not have an issue, just use your phone and enjoy it. Why are you asking people to not complain about their issues? Who are you?

Enthusiast
Message 536 of 838
Message 536 of 838

Hi Kunal17,

I think the person who have the power to alter stuff here is at his side. 

So he can say whatever he want.

Adept
Message 537 of 838
Message 537 of 838

@TruthSeeker wrote:

Hi Kunal17,

I think the person who have the power to alter stuff here is at his side. 

So he can say whatever he want.

Honestly it's like the exact opposite, you are taking all the freedom to flame others who disagree with you, and want to take the freedom of speech from them too? If this was a more strict forum like xda for example you'd be all banned permanently from the site after all the other member make a good show off you as you lack even the basics of communication with others

Adviser
Message 538 of 838
Message 538 of 838

@MrMuscle

Very polite ask you ,Can you take some pictures from XZP including before and after  you  reduce the wavy distortion with all full size 19mp picture.If you are talking about put the objects you need to the little center range and crop out the edge ,then do not bother.This is not a good idea........

Also could you please describe how to use grid to decrease that wavy  bridge photo ?I really want to understand what you're talking about and try it.

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 539 of 838
Message 539 of 838

haha.. how about you read the comments on xda too? People are facing issues and they have said it there too.

Honestly, you are misleading and changing topics till now. Who cares. Everyone is facing it and it will come out anyway. Check out any youtube review video of xz premium and you will see someone asking is distortion issue fixed now? oh or may be check xz1 or xz1 compact videos and you will see people asking questions there too. But no point in talking to you because you are just here to tell people that you are a good photographer and people shall hire you for their marriage photography or something. 

Enthusiast
Message 540 of 838
Message 540 of 838

No body on xda ban or edit the comment of user regard this issues at all.