account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

XZP camera has serious distortion issue

SOLVED
Adept
Message 511 of 838
Message 511 of 838

Re: Will XZ1 have the same camera distortion issuse as XZP?

@KatarzynaP1 wrote:

So all distorted photos from XZP are BS,you are so right of that.I must agree with you with that one.

And you can not grid out those distortions and now start moving topics ?

Did you see me saying this sentence anywhere in my posts? Or you now are starting giving fake statements as the rest of the posters here? Check the link of xda forums and tell me if they managed to get good photos like those, how you can't get the same? Only two options are there: either your phone has an isolated issue or they know how to handle a wide-lens camera

Enthusiast
Message 512 of 838
Message 512 of 838

MrMuscle,

Do you know that Xperia's distortion is weird and not the same as other wide angle lens ?

Wide angle lens phone like note 8, lg v30 is not wavy like XZP at all.

Device : Xperia XZ1
Headphone : MDR-1ALTD + MUC-S12SB1, ATH WS1100 + MUC-S12SM1
DAC/AMP : PHA-2A
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 513 of 838
Message 513 of 838

Why don't you go out and click pictures if you are able to do so? 4 people have replied you in last one hour so how is it "isolated issue"? How old are you? Like seriously?

Adept
Message 514 of 838
Message 514 of 838

@TruthSeeker wrote:

MrMuscle,

Do you know that Xperia's distortion is weird and not the same as other wide angle lens ?

Wide angle lens phone like note 8, lg v30 is not wavy like XZP at all.

Looks like I have to say it for the fourth time Thinking Face

Yes I do know that there is distortion to a higher extent than other wide angle lenses

But do you know that this fixable via software update?

And do you know that you can learn some tricks that will make you enjoy your flagship till this update is released at some point? (WHEN IS THAT SONY BY THE WAY??!)

I don't like comparing with other brands, you chose to go for Sony for a reason so comparing at this point is kinda childish, I love Sony design and I couldn't find this in any other brand, they all look like each other and only Sony phones will stand out when it comes to the design, and I have faith that this will be fixed at some point even if I have to wait till Orea update

Adept
Message 515 of 838
Message 515 of 838

@Kunal17 wrote:

Why don't you go out and click pictures if you are able to do so? 4 people have replied you in last one hour so how is it "isolated issue"? How old are you? Like seriously?

I'm twelve, does it matter? 

I still can take proper photos Party

Enthusiast
Message 516 of 838
Message 516 of 838

Well, well, well,

Smartphone is a device and it's a tool.

So how come the comparison is childish ?

Device : Xperia XZ1
Headphone : MDR-1ALTD + MUC-S12SB1, ATH WS1100 + MUC-S12SM1
DAC/AMP : PHA-2A
Talent
Message 517 of 838
Message 517 of 838

Hey Guys

I have no longer want to struggle with this problem as I have made up my mind to  change note8 or pixel2. But I'm still an XZP user right now ,just want give you guys a simple experience with all my respect.

It is impossible to use the grid or other skill to reduce this crazy distortion ,

In some good view to achieve a good composition, Absolutely can not avoid this distortion,like the pictures I attached. Super wave bridge,pincushion bookshelf, You can see the bad result in auto mode without HDR too.I can simply choose a lot of so uncomfortable photos like those in my XZP album.

Now more troubled me is the macro,Only a little bit in the middle is clear,others are all blur too much.Maybe some people like that big aperture effect,not me ,it's just too much.I try all the other brands do not have this level.This is definitely a hardware problem that can not be fixed.

Very disappointed to hear XZ1 still have distortion. Well , I still a sony fan but  not sony mobile, don't think I will buy any sony mobile products again. I hate to say this ,I think Sony will not fix this distortion . Maybe because each phone distortion degree is different because the bad hardware assembly, can not be unified repair or fix. Good luck to everyone.22.jpg11.jpgThe bridge is straight in real view.

Adviser
Message 518 of 838
Message 518 of 838

@TruthSeeker @Kunal17 @timtam @KatarzynaP1

Just ignore the funny post directly. There is always some person come out  time to time to misleading people can  eliminate the distortion with the grid.Obviously a laundry man. They are the one who really do not have XZP and do not understand photography.Just ignore  these kind of unreasonable person who make things complicated and chicanery. It's wasting your time.

Regular
Message 519 of 838
Message 519 of 838

I own sony phones since CMD-C1, that is about 17 years. Now I have xperia Z2. I am very pleased with it. I have it for three years now, not single problem, battery is just as from the start. i have made about 3000 photos with it and camera is very important for me. I wanted to buy xz premium but when I read this thread I dont know what to do. after reading this I have made some photos and I noticed that this phone has distortion too. to be honest I havent noticed that before . well mybe I have but havent put attention on it.

I am sure XZ1 will have the same distortion. Just dont know why sony doesnt solve this problem if user are not satisfied with it.  sony has the best cameras and that should not be a problem. they should solve this problem immediatley. 

I will wait some time to see what happen but obviusly my next phone will be note8

Commissioner
Message 520 of 838
Message 520 of 838

Hi @MrMuscle,

I agree with you with the third rule as partial solution to minimize the distortion that there is due to lens design. 

But, you could agree with me that this rule is not useful when taking, for example, a brick wall. 

More, this rule is valid also when taking front ficing strainght objects from your experience?

I ask this cause I the photo you posted is taken from angle point of view and this eliminate the distortion of strainght lines that occours when you front facing squared objects.

Thanks!