account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

XZP camera has serious distortion issue

SOLVED
Adviser
Message 491 of 838
Message 491 of 838

Re: Will XZ1 have the same camera distortion issuse as XZP?

Oh, I didn't know that, so is there any sony xperia support members here who can answer this question or help us with the issue?

Just like the gentleman replied, many customers are returning their phones which will affect sony and in the longer run will affect their customer base. As the sale goes down, we as customers will be the ones who will be impacted the most. I would never want to switch to chinese phones, apple or samsung. I love sony, come on sony, don't disappoint us. SPEAK UP!!

For the guys who can use grid and whatever settings, please enjoy your phone. Why even bother commenting here if you think there is no issue? People are facing issues and they are asking for help. How about if you can't help just not comment? How hard that is to do?

Please can someone from sony comment on this? This device is the most expensive flagship phone in India as of now. Do not disappoint your fans.....

Enthusiast
Message 492 of 838
Message 492 of 838

I'm crying while laughing.

Uhh ohh...

Device : Xperia XZ1
Headphone : MDR-1ALTD + MUC-S12SB1, ATH WS1100 + MUC-S12SM1
DAC/AMP : PHA-2A
Emperor
Message 493 of 838
Message 493 of 838

@Kunal17

you can check past posts or contact Sony directly >>> Local support as this is a global user based forum Slightly smiling Face 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Adept
Message 494 of 838
Message 494 of 838

Sorry can't help you with close ups, it even looks like you are kinda forcing the straight lines in the pictures to fall on the edges of the frame where the distortion is at its highest. But it's totally obvious that you are tilting your phone upwards while you were shooting especially in the Ikea photo and the pink building

I want to also add from my photography point of view those photos are very poor and they have nearly no composition, like what is the aim of these photos, what were you capturing? Totally nothing! No story no thirds rule no creativity at all. To be honest with you if those were my photos I'd be happy that they were distorted so I could find another reason to alt ctrl delete them Grinning FaceD

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 495 of 838
Message 495 of 838

Hey man, I have checked all the past posts and there is no fix to be found. I have also contacted local support and they say those steps which are not related to it. I have even performed software repair to satisfy them but again it is a known issue so what can we do. Since you have got an elite ranking, is there anyway you can contact xperia support and get the answer? I know, wishful thinking.

I really didn't want to do this but I think I will also have to return my phone. So disappointed! Slightly frowning Face Slightly frowning Face

Inhabitant
Message 496 of 838
Message 496 of 838

Every time I see someone want to use the "grid" to mislead the people who did not buy yet, I laugh till one's sides split .......Nauseated Face

Adept
Message 497 of 838
Message 497 of 838

@Kunal17 wrote:

Oh, I didn't know that, so is there any sony xperia support members here who can answer this question or help us with the issue?

Just like the gentleman replied, many customers are returning their phones which will affect sony and in the longer run will affect their customer base. As the sale goes down, we as customers will be the ones who will be impacted the most. I would never want to switch to chinese phones, apple or samsung. I love sony, come on sony, don't disappoint us. SPEAK UP!!

For the guys who can use grid and whatever settings, please enjoy your phone. Why even bother commenting here if you think there is no issue? People are facing issues and they are asking for help. How about if you can't help just not comment? How hard that is to do?

Please can someone from sony comment on this? This device is the most expensive flagship phone in India as of now. Do not disappoint your fans.....

I admitted there is a distortion issue and I was navigating this forum as a new member to see if there are any info about future fixes just as you, all I wanted is to help the guys here to make use of their phone while they wait for the fix to land. Why be rude though and ask me to stop commenting? Slightly frowning Face

Learner
Message 498 of 838
Message 498 of 838

So you can not grid out this distortion, that make all your post are BS.........

Enthusiast
Message 499 of 838
Message 499 of 838

MrMuscle,

This issues has nothing to do with photography skill, rule, story.

It's the camera issues that if I shoot on the camera that doesn't have the problem then it wouldn't distort like this.

Please don't change or avoid the issues here.

Device : Xperia XZ1
Headphone : MDR-1ALTD + MUC-S12SB1, ATH WS1100 + MUC-S12SM1
DAC/AMP : PHA-2A
Adviser
Message 500 of 838
Message 500 of 838

Frankly speaking I think I am gonna waste my time replying your comment but it's okay, it is saturday night here. 

Umm, first of all, just the fact that you admit that people taking a photo where the distortion is highest clearly corroborates that you are also facing the issue. Secondly, it is amazing achievement that you are a great photographer and you have a lot of insights to give, but no one really wants them here. You might think that these photos lack creativity and they should not be clicked, which I agree with. However, saying that what is the point of these photos is like a childish arguement. Just because these photos were not creative does not mean that creative photos will not have the effect. Lastly, like I said and I will repeat, if you think you love the camera app and everything is fine for you, just enjoy your phone, did we ask your opinion? The thread says xz premium crazy distortion, does it say who thinks the distortion is not a big deal or something like who all are not facing this issue, please come forward and raise your hand? Come on man.. let us describe our issue. why are you getting into it every now and then? Not gonna argue with you further because I think it is holiday night for you too. Face with stuck-out Tongue Enjoy your phone. If you can, please reach out to sony and help fix the issue. If you can't, let us try Slightly smiling Face Thank you.