account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

XZP camera has serious distortion issue

SOLVED
Inhabitant
Message 421 of 838
Message 421 of 838

Re: XZP camera has serious distortion issue

Not the way those Maesters debate. In fact it is an apt analogy to compare the way they dismissed Samwell Tarley to the way Sony are dimissing all their customers.

Everyone else can see that we/he are actually right but not Sony or the Maesters.

Made me laugh at least.

Enthusiast
Message 422 of 838
Message 422 of 838

If you want customers to stop spreading rumors and vent their anger, I have a solution:

DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!

The community is right to flame Sony every goddamn time. It is a JOKE, the camera is barely usable and Sony is not even reacting. That is close to the worst I have ever seen in customer care.

So if you think "Wow, they are really angry, how can that be appropriate?" consider this:

You have waited for month to finally get the phone

Sony promised to implement the most modern and up to date hardware

You paid 800 $

Turns out: Sony lied. You waited for nothing and spent a lot of money on a trash camera.

Enthusiast
Message 423 of 838
Message 423 of 838

Completely agree. The best way to make thing better is being honest and try to fix the problem for customer. 

Isn't it the common sense that easy to understand ?

Device : Xperia XZ1
Headphone : MDR-1ALTD + MUC-S12SB1, ATH WS1100 + MUC-S12SM1
DAC/AMP : PHA-2A
Message 424 of 838
Message 424 of 838

@IlluX

You have the complete right to express your anger and to bash Sony as much as you want, actually, this thread alone has 400+ posts that do that. All we are asking for is to keep it clear from personal insults and curse words, and it's our responsibility to maintain this.

As for the camera itself, I'd not call it trash personally. I think it needs adjustments and in the meanwhile, any user with moderate photography knowledge can work it out with its current flaws and produce impressive photos.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Adviser
Message 425 of 838
Message 425 of 838

Just the opposite,User with moderate photography knowledge  are aware that this is a trash camera.

Message 426 of 838
Message 426 of 838

@redmarl

That's your opinion and I totally respect it, hopefully, I'll prove you wrong when I start sharing my shots with it.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Enthusiast
Message 427 of 838
Message 427 of 838

There's no such knowledge that can remove or reduce the distortion which occurred by hardware issues. 

The IMX400 sensor itself is great but using it together with the false g lens is the absolute mistake.

Device : Xperia XZ1
Headphone : MDR-1ALTD + MUC-S12SB1, ATH WS1100 + MUC-S12SM1
DAC/AMP : PHA-2A
Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 428 of 838
Message 428 of 838

Adviser
Message 429 of 838
Message 429 of 838

A 5 years  older phone I can also shoot a nice photo in  good condition with fully preparation to some beautiful objects or nice view, the result probably better than XZP.It's just not the point here.We want the same level as other 2017 $800 flagship,Especially how Sony ad his XZP camera ,Turn out it's not even close.User here has already post enough compare photos to prove that XZP is the the worst one,especially low light and distortion bothering us,our old phone does not have these problems.Hope that Sony can at least do some "remedy" to XZP in software way.That's the point.

Inhabitant
Message 430 of 838
Message 430 of 838

Sorry but you shouldn't have to have "a moderate photography knowledge" and have to "work it out with its current flaws" that is not the point of a camera on a mobile phone. If you have the knowledge and the skills then you are probably using a much better dedicated camera.

We want to be able to instantly take the same level of quality photos as the other "premium" phones. That shouldn't be a surprise to anyone especially Sony at yhe price point for this phone, and they should have come up with the fix by now.