account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

XZP camera has serious distortion issue

SOLVED
Highlighted
Talent
Message 371 of 838
Message 371 of 838

Re: XZP camera has serious distortion issue

DSC_0009.JPGtaken with xz premiumDSC_0047.JPGtaken with xz premiumDSC_0048.JPGtaken with xz premiumtaken with xz premium..........

Just look at the tv,slogan,and building's edge......

It is a serious distortion issue,and I never see same thing happned on my z5 compact before.......

And I also upload some photos taken with my z5 compact as followed:

DSC_0452.JPGtaken with z5 compactDSC_0003_14.JPGtaken with z5 compactDSC_0019_5.JPGtaken with z5 compactDSC_0153_1.JPGtaken with z5 compactDSC_0246.JPGtaken with z5 compactDSC_0395.JPGbecause of the photo size problem,I cannot upload the original one,this one is adjusted the size to 80%.

Compared these pictures to xz premium's,you can see that z5 compact have low distortion than xz premium.

BTW,z5 compact's focal distance is 24mm and xz premium is 25mm which means z5 compact have  bigger angle than xzp.

Adviser
Message 372 of 838
Message 372 of 838

actually,If you go for other phones also  feel pressure release  when you used xzp camera for some time, not only this "chinese phone" U11, i already return XZP and change this U11 since no update for a long time,so i can't make compare photos, and if  you read my reply before there was a U11 and XZP camera performance comparison picture i  posted, also  posted the samsung and xzp TV photo comparison i have taken.

in fact, U11 it's a great choice for people who have expectation in phone camera ,only the system I can't be used to ,i am still in adaptation

it is dxomark the highest score of the phone camera for a reason,I am not saying that dxomark must be the most accurate review ,but I think it has a very meaningful reference value

for those  people who have not used XZP and very concerned about distortion problems, i deeply advise you to personally try it,look at the actual things and look at the Internet is two different point of angle, if you try it for a period of time you will see XZP distortion is beyond your acceptable range

and you will not need the keyboard or TV photo,you will know other phones and the phones you have used before are all tiny distortion for sure,especially flagship.

https://www.dxomark.com/Mobiles/HTC-U11-Mobile-review-The-new-DxOMark-leader

Adviser
Message 373 of 838
Message 373 of 838

I'm not curious about U11 camera performance at all. I'm pretty sure it is much stronger than XZP like other phones.

Adviser
Message 374 of 838
Message 374 of 838

Hi All,

I reply to this post because I don't understand why some people thinking that Xperia's distortion is the same as normal wide angle's distortion which is actually not the same. 

Wide angle lens actually come with barrel distortion while Xperia's distortion seem very stange.

Commissioner
Message 375 of 838
Message 375 of 838

Hi @sonnny!

Compared with the XZP,it seems that Z5c has far better lens except for corner softness.

Can you provide a grid or TV or Keyboard photo test to fully see this big difference?

Thank you so much!

Adept
Message 376 of 838
Message 376 of 838

I believe only Sony Mobile support team mentioned the issue is common in wide angle lens. And there are some others pointed out it's more like combined pincushion and barrel distortion.

Adviser
Message 377 of 838
Message 377 of 838

I see, That's good then. It's annoying to see ridiculous comment and misunderstanding. 

Commissioner
Message 378 of 838
Message 378 of 838

Hi to all!

Considering that Sony doesn't hear this thread and it is not interested to support us and the device cause it has not interested in mobile market, I suggest to continue this thread by posting some tips or way to minimize the distortions, if there are. Especially photographers are pleased to report their experience with the distortions in lens.

I think this way to continue the thread could help all owners, that have not possibilities to refund or change the device, to enjoy their device also when taking photos.

I repeat, I not intend delete distortions, only reduce, minimize them with simple rules or tips commonly used in professional photography.

I hope this words could be heard to give, between us, a social support considering the worse silence of Sony.

Thanks to all will give part of their time receping and parteciping in this way!

Message 379 of 838
Message 379 of 838

SKRWT has got a setting to correct different kind of distortions

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=accky.kreved.skrwt.skrwt
Adviser
Message 380 of 838
Message 380 of 838

Well if there's such a way to reduce then someone will do so already. As I said Xperia's distortion isn't the same as other brand's distortion so it hard to fix or reduce it.