account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

XZP camera has serious distortion issue

SOLVED
Regular
Message 341 of 838
Message 341 of 838

Re: XZP camera has serious distortion issue

@IlluX wrote:

As Sony is not reacting to any of these issues, it seems that Sony is already dropping the XZP and trying to let it go silently. The XZP is a cr**py shooter all things considered. I believe there is a lot of fake / paid reviews out there, literally no other way to explain the amount of positive reviews in which apparently not a single reviewer ever had any of the countless issues described here. 

Sadly, I couldn't agree more. I've already decided to forget about Sony and stick with Samsung for my upgrade.

Sorry Sony.

Next time, TRY HARDER!

Veteran
Message 342 of 838
Message 342 of 838

The sad truth is the device seems to be abandoned in terms of software updates / bug fixes except security patches. But these are provided by Google itself, not Sony Slightly frowning Face

Veteran
Message 343 of 838
Message 343 of 838

1 more thing, I wobder what QA team was doing while testibg the camera. Seriously none of the testers notice the issue before releasing final product??? 

I simply cannot believe it!  (until QA team is in India, then I can... Sorry for the real life example, but that is fact). 

Message 344 of 838
Message 344 of 838

@azzido wrote:

The sad truth is the device seems to be abandoned in terms of software updates / bug fixes except security patches. But these are provided by Google itself, not Sony Slightly frowning Face

that's not really true, as at least 2 things have been fixed in the latest update - low speaker volume some people were complaining about and DND mode not disabling automatically according to set rules.

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 345 of 838
Message 345 of 838

Sony must repair the camera. It's a scandal that the best phone had a faulty lens.

Message 346 of 838
Message 346 of 838

As I mentioned in another thread... I think Sony is slowly fixing issues, without saying they are, by inserting the fixes inside the security patches. By doing it this way they don't ever admit publicly that there was any problem in the first place. Slick!

Inhabitant
Message 347 of 838
Message 347 of 838

Slick or Stupid. While Sony slowly update and "Fix" (if that's what they are doing) without telling people then more people hear about the problems and won't buy because they think the phone will still have problems even if it has been fixed.  Especially as the only statements that have been made by Sony amount to "there is no problem".

The only way people will trust and continue to buy the XZP will be if Sony admit to the problem, tell us that they are working on a fix and then actually deliver.  This approach would actually raise most people's opinions of Sony.

Learner
Message 348 of 838
Message 348 of 838

Hello,

Look at pictures corrected in HUGIN software.

First two was used to create lens profile, and other are "before/after".

Conclusion - its 100% possible to solve our problem in software.

DSC_1447.JPGDSC_1448.JPGDSC_1444.JPGDSC_1444 - DSC_1444.jpgDSC_1365.JPGDSC_1365 - DSC_1365.jpg

corrected.jpg@sonyjako - now its good Slightly smiling Face

One time poster
Message 349 of 838
Message 349 of 838

Hi,

There is an alternative way to take photo without any distortion and that is taking photo while in video recording mode Slightly smiling Face. I know this is kind of stupid but it is one way of doing. I still believe this issue can be resolved by software so Sony please hear us. Come out with a solution ASAP! This can't wait any longer as more people will be aware of this problem as day goes by. 

Cheers.

Regular
Message 350 of 838
Message 350 of 838

@gemiur wrote:

Hi,

There is an alternative way to take photo without any distortion and that is taking photo while in video recording mode Slightly smiling Face. I know this is kind of stupid but it is one way of doing. I still believe this issue can be resolved by software so Sony please hear us. Come out with a solution ASAP! This can't wait any longer as more people will be aware of this problem as day goes by. 

Cheers.

The highest resolution video is 4K. That's 8.3 megapixels. I wouldn't consider that an option on an £700 phone.