account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

XZP camera has serious distortion issue

SOLVED
Regular
Message 301 of 838
Message 301 of 838

Re: XZP camera has serious distortion issue

@Huyngo wrote:

I had a new, On new update it seem reduce this issue and improve white balance. Now the picture it the same with open camera or google camera. I was use 2 app camera above on my xzp after i bought. It is the shame when xzp is loser when compare with htc u11

Hi Huyngo

Would you share the following information for our reference? Thanks.

1.Can you tell us where do you bought your phone?

2.What's the  revise number on your box?

2.Which version of firmware are you using right now?

3.Did you mean you had serious distortion issue when you get this phone ,and it was reduce by an firmware upgrade ?

Adept
Message 302 of 838
Message 302 of 838

DSC_0147.JPG

It's seems my keyboard has some little distortion too. But not sl obvious . Mine REV5

Adviser
Message 303 of 838
Message 303 of 838

@Jophy wrote:

It's seems my keyboard has some little distortion too. But not sl obvious . Mine REV5

Same level,Try putting your keyboard all over the full screen.

Adept
Message 304 of 838
Message 304 of 838

Aww okay . I'll try it when I get home later ☺

Adept
Message 305 of 838
Message 305 of 838

DSC_0156.JPG

oh my god..  My keyboard. @@

Veteran
Message 306 of 838
Message 306 of 838

I wonder when Sony is going to finally fix it among other issues this device has. For the moment only another copy paste of Google's security patches and that's it. Seems entire software department is on holiday? 

Premium has one of the worst software treatments among all Sony devices so far. I didn't hear about any single fix for all the issues described by the people. 

XZ Premium seems completely abandoned in terms of software fixes. So sad Slightly frowning Face

Adept
Message 307 of 838
Message 307 of 838

I saw a blog on China website . They said that Sony has reply to this issue and their answer is..  this is normal for wide angle lens. That's all lol

Commissioner
Message 308 of 838
Message 308 of 838

@Jophy wrote:

I saw a blog on China website . They said that Sony has reply to this issue and their answer is..  this is normal for wide angle lens. That's all lol

Actually yes, it's normal for a wide angle lens but looking at the picture, it's far from fish eye whatsoever... The wavy pattern is not a characteristic of the wide angle lens as far as I know. 

Adviser
Message 309 of 838
Message 309 of 838

Can you find a straight line and regular circle ? This mad distortion over the entire screen ,45 degrees  can not avoid too. Maybe one day IKEA will also banned  XZP like  you can not take note7 on the plane.

DSC_0415.JPGDSC_0419.JPG

DSC_0422.JPGDSC_0413.JPGDSC_0455-e.jpgDSC_0455s.jpg

That's why you all have alien head.

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 310 of 838
Message 310 of 838

I also have a problem with the cameraDSC_2211.pngDSC_2205.JPG