account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

XZP camera has serious distortion issue

SOLVED
Enthusiast
Message 181 of 838
Message 181 of 838

Re: XZP camera has serious distortion issue

I give it a try with the lg g6 korean version in a couple of days when it arive. Cant be bad compared to my Xz. Was afraid and knew this would be to good when they anounced new Xzp. If they fix one problem they create a other. Thats going on for years like that. You think you go one step ahead when you upgrade and spent alot of hard work money for some of them and afterwards sony kicks you 3 steps back to remind you what you realy bought. A videocamera thats all 

Visitor
Message 182 of 838
Message 182 of 838

Little OT about the new G lenses, the distorsion it's of course evident, but we want F1.8/F1.7...

Regular
Message 183 of 838
Message 183 of 838

why my post always gone with no Notice?? can some one tell me?because there are other brand sensitive words?

Regular
Message 184 of 838
Message 184 of 838

Sorry Jonyny , I misunderstood the article before since my first language is not English.I was misleading form some post says that sony developers will look into the issue on this topic.I know the truth form XDA last night , I went to Sony Center as soon as possible to refund this moring ,still they said it had been seven days ,only repair no replacement too. But they did't tell me how to repair, I guess there is no way to repair it,I am really sad right now.I think I'm stark with this phone since I don't have more money to bought a new phone ,XZP's second-hand price has fallen very hard , If i sold it now I will Lost about $ 250 which is two months rent and my baby's two months expenses who only 1.5 years old. In fact, I save four months money plus money sold from my NOTE5 to get XZP since sony officially released the phone in some globe meeting.I'm just a normal Taiwan tour guide who can speak a little English, my job really need a normal camera phone give visitors take close shot , group shot photo ,somethimes with view.Also need this phone to photo record my work and my baby. I always need to help passengers with luggage,child, tools, so I can't carrying a camera which also can't not send photos directly to visitors.My visitors have complained to me after seeing the photos , which took in place they usually come only once in one lifetime ,and they are all just common people from economic tours who don't have more expect on the photo ,as long as no high level distortion like my old note5 can do.
Now I just borrow passenger's phone to shoot and send to separate travelers.Actually I told them that my XZP was the best camera mobile phone in the world.My note5 battery is not in good condition so I get this XZP which said "Master of photography phone" on ad in my region.Honestly,I am so sad right now.I do some research from here and XDA ,hope this distortion trouble can narrow donw as much as possible ,see the following picture and explanation.

webwxgetmsgimg.jpgwebwxgetmsgimg2.jpg

see this sony official dancing woman's photos (above photo)from XZP you can find in your phone,The distortion has been already there very serious, just that wall have bad workmanship make you think it is.Do a anti color you will see the serious distortion just absolutely same as XZP distortion map below .( borrowed from other user analysi post)

This is reason why your Flat-screen TV will become curved  TV.large (3).jpgwebwxgetmsgimg.jpg

look at the merger photo here you will see the coincide curve line.You know what is the most coincidence  part that  this little woman's head and body just inside the blue box area where have less distortion.

All XZP review online they all took photo from long distant landscape,no close-range or people so we can see the issue very coincidental .S PHONE and AIPHONE review usually have close range shoot and close portrait.

webwxgetmsgimg (1).jpgwebwxgetmsgimg (3).jpg

See this official photos.Whether use any angle to shoot these light bulbs should be regular spherical,rgiht ?! But the one closest to the yellow safe area has been distort absolutely serious already.I'm not saying that wide angle don't have distortion, But this level ..........!This is definitely not a photographer and  perspective  problem.Also the "curve line" certainly affected distortion.

{img}

Now the light bulb photo and map explained why my photo will be seriously deformed ,and also explained that no matter what angle and composition I try I can't get one normal photo .Explained that why I use a 4:3 scale will have even more elongate head,also more and more in single person photo like below. (borrow from other user) Exactly same  issue  like my traveler's photos,which they 

complained about.

{img}

This is not an ordinary perspective and wide-angle problem or what ever industry standards is.
More like a failed lens design ,what is the point to use the lens like that ? Mobile phone camera should be to allow users to take pictures more easily than professional camera.Most users will not use the phone to shoot master style landscape photos. Most of them are normal shooting for ordinary live photo.If this phone designed for some landscape and flowers which are random shape please put it in the ad and packaging.But even the landscape you can see the distortion easily than other phone.

webwxgetmsgimg (4).jpg

@sony mobile developer
My old note5 and the new S8 I tried ,Safe area it is roughly in green box see above photo.
I see the user here said that if cut some pixels may be able to get less distortion.If so, I would agree and accept too.And also like Samsung make a late correct option on software would be grateful.Please do something!
If you can not do for some reason would you mind help me to send a email to my local sony center ,to tell them I can get refund for whatever reason you can tell them would be appreciated , I really need this money , I'm not rich guy ,I have a baby boy to feed,and my wife need look after him can not work at this moment .

Regular
Message 185 of 838
Message 185 of 838

Please do something!

Regular
Message 186 of 838
Message 186 of 838

Dear Sony Developers,

I am going to be clear. As you see on here and other forums everybody asking just one thing. Nobody cares 960fps or 4K HDR screen right now.  If one of you reply this topic like " Yeah looks like There is a problem and we are going to fix this immediately" be sure a lot of people including me will buy this phone. We are waiting this phone for months. So please do not ruin these awesome loyal customers and excellent phone. 

Adept
Message 187 of 838
Message 187 of 838

@JensG
Since you said all wide angle lens have same distortion issue, could you explain why Z3 compact (G lens) doesn't have pincushion distortion in middle top, does it mean Z3 compact (even inlcuding Z3) was tested on a high standard level to ensure quality?

And there is another question, the user Kunicross said there is no distortion on his one and posted some grid photos to prove it, I admit it is far more better than others having distrotion here and I hardly to see  pincushion distortion in middle top. However @viridis the moderator said ‘Yes there distortion. It's the same distortion found on most wide angle lenses tbh.’, there must be one saying wrong, right?

36998i75D928F73B46102F.jpgz3c36999i2CF80EB281DEF629.jpgxzs

Highlighted
Talent
Message 188 of 838
Message 188 of 838

say nothing,it is distorition

jibain.jpg

One time poster
Message 189 of 838
Message 189 of 838

I have the the not acceptable distortion issue, too. Just in case, that Sony expects each customer reports individually.

Inhabitant
Message 190 of 838
Message 190 of 838

I have the awful distortion too. Compared it with the z5p and Xz p is way more visible and annoying.

Sony I had 19 phones 16 of them from Sony Ericsson and Sony.

Fix this distortion, it's unacceptable to say that a 800euro phone is ok with this issue.

If we decided to buy your device don't think we have more money than brains..