account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

XZP camera has serious distortion issue

SOLVED
Message 50 of 838
Message 50 of 838

Re: XZP camera has serious distortion issue

@aad14 wrote:

I think it's just a property of having a wide angle lens. But it could be better with a software update though.

To put things into perspective: I just took a photo with my G6 (which only has a 71 degree FOV camera) of a grid on my notebook, and it also has some distortion. I will update it later today as a reference.

£1000 sigma lenses have it too.. It's very common but not so much on Sony mobile devices that usually get a bit of barrell distortion.

This is the opposite tho, and tbh under normal use most won't ever notice it.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Highlighted
Adept
Message 51 of 838
Message 51 of 838

I'm referring to the opening post here. 

First of all, as said already, I wouldn't count a picture taken from a computer screen as referrence.

But I guess there's one serious question all readers here would like to ask:

Who is that cute girl on the first picture and where can we find the original picture? Smiling Face with open mouth & closed Eyes

Message 52 of 838
Message 52 of 838

I noticed the same kind of distortion on both Z3 compact and X, although I don't think it was as pronounced as on the photos in this thread.

Talent
Message 53 of 838
Message 53 of 838

Now seems the whold world xzp is the same problem, the flat shooting distortion is not the main problem, the main problem is the three-dimensional scene, when shooting three-dimensional scene will enhance the perspective several times, seriously beyond the reach of the human eye perceived acceptance , also seriously beyond the distortion of other mobile phones
Regular
Message 54 of 838
Message 54 of 838

Really poor form from Sony by remaining silent on this issue. I've now returned my handset for a full refund and will give this iteration a miss. My trusty Z3 will have to do for now. 

Inhabitant
Message 55 of 838
Message 55 of 838

(Today I have taken this beautiful image, but it seems like I dont have the distortion problem only on close-up shoots. Very disappointed.)DSC_56971.jpg

Message 56 of 838
Message 56 of 838

The horizon is about 2 degrees off, which will enhance pincushion effect.Screenshot_20170611-210600.png

I adjusted using the reflection as a parallel and although it's still there, the effect is lessened.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.

Message 57 of 838
Message 57 of 838

Great picture too btw,

Rookie
Message 58 of 838
Message 58 of 838

Let's make it simple.

I see "waves" and objects curving towards the centre.

P.S.: brought a phone, return to the vendor and exchanged for another one, and now it is under the xperia service for checking.

19055195_10158814042130223_8074006789371136609_o.jpg

Enthusiast
Message 59 of 838
Message 59 of 838

I´ve noticed that even my Xperia XZ has the same issue, have owned the XZ since launch and never noticed it until now!!!! What is going on? It must be software issue because i´ve seen it before, ever...