account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

XZP camera has serious distortion issue

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 40 of 838
Message 40 of 838

Re: XZP camera has serious distortion issue

Received mine from Unlocked Mobies yesterday. Have the same issue and problem is, that I live in Armenia and sending it back, receiving new one will not be so easy and probably will cost two way fedex expense and may be even another clearance issue. So I decided to keep it and just hope, that issue will be fixed by software patch. I understand, that probably this is hardware issue, but also I am pretty sure, that it can be fixed by software hook, as all information in picture is there, it just need to be straightened and drop out additional pixels from the edges. Hope to hear from Sony soon.

Enthusiast
Message 41 of 838
Message 41 of 838

I have to say I dont seem to have this issue.

UK user from. carphonewarehouse 

Highlighted
Learner
Message 42 of 838
Message 42 of 838

where is the distortion? cannot see it.

Veteran
Message 43 of 838
Message 43 of 838

Will receive mine this week, hope I will not have this issue. This reminds me the issue with camera of Z5 where there was a huge blur od the edges... 😞 

Regular
Message 44 of 838
Message 44 of 838

My Xz Premium has accepted return goods handling, as well as serious picture flutter when take 960 frames movie

^_^
Message 45 of 838
Message 45 of 838

@Jivian wrote:

My Xz Premium has accepted return goods handling, as well as serious picture flutter when take 960 frames movie

You realise that flutter, is your lighting.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Enthusiast
Message 46 of 838
Message 46 of 838

Received mine yesterday from Vodafone and I have to ask you, dear Sony developers.

What  is wrong with you?

This is a 800 $ phone, it can easily be the best phone of the year, the hardware you offer is ridiculously fast and unmatched by any other company.

Why is it that you constantly (!) keep failing with your cameras? You produce roughly 50% of the worlds ENTIRE camera sensors, you are not just experts, you are the gold standard.

The distortion issue is annoying! Picture quality in daylight conditions is amazing, at nights my 5 years old HTC One X produces better pictures. You can´t be serious about that. Don´t you even check the senors before you equip them? It seems like a fair share, a huge share, of all devices is affected.

Do you need help in production management?

And yes, considering it´s an 800 $ phone I ordered, I´m concerned, deeply. Get it straight or you´ll lose a lot of loyal consumers - me included. 

Regular
Message 47 of 838
Message 47 of 838

So...don't take movie in this kind of light?

^_^
Message 48 of 838
Message 48 of 838

@Jivian wrote:

So...don't take movie in this kind of light?

Yeah, you can but just understand any electrical lighting will flutter as you are recording faster than the electrical pulses that feed the lights.

If you look at some sports slo motion you can see it happening quite often 

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Inhabitant
Message 49 of 838
Message 49 of 838

I think it's just a property of having a wide angle lens. But it could be better with a software update though.

To put things into perspective: I just took a photo with my G6 (which only has a 71 degree FOV camera) of a grid on my notebook, and it also has some distortion. I will update it later today as a reference.