account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

XZP camera has serious distortion issue

SOLVED
Regular
Message 20 of 838
Message 20 of 838

Re: Fatal problem-Photo distortion

iPhone 7Plus:

IMG_1127_调整大小.JPGIMG_1128_调整大小.JPGIMG_1129_调整大小.JPGIMG_1130_调整大小.JPG

^_^
Talent
Message 21 of 838
Message 21 of 838

Re: XZP camera has serious distortion issue

Now seems the whold world xzp is the same problem, the flat shooting distortion is not the main problem, the main problem is the three-dimensional scene, when shooting three-dimensional scene will enhance the perspective several times, seriously beyond the reach of the human eye perceived acceptance , also seriously beyond the distortion of other mobile phones
Enthusiast
Message 22 of 838
Message 22 of 838

I´m looking at photos from Gsmarena too and those photos show the same distortion issue.. Just noticed it after i downloaded some of them... Go see for yourselfs!

But as i´m looking at it some more it doen´t seem to affect every photo, the first photo in the XZP review when they took a photo of the building you can see the distortion. But as i said it doesn´t show in all photos from what i can see... This photo is from the XZP review from www.gsmarena.com, only resized the photo but you can see the distortion on the building. Around the roof line and the entrence line you should be able to see it.gsmarena_001 resized.jpg

Veteran
Message 23 of 838
Message 23 of 838

I am still waiting for my unit but if my device will have this issue I will send it back, ask for refund and exchange it with Shamesung S8.

I promise. 

One time poster
Message 24 of 838
Message 24 of 838

I am having the same issue. I think it's better to take a picture of something very linear, as I have. Notice the middle of the keyboard compared to the outsides, and the lines are NOT straight. The mouse pad is also a straigh line across the top... but not in the picture. Something is wrong...DSC_0009.JPG

Message 25 of 838
Message 25 of 838

Wow, that surely is bad. I have checked my premium... which I received yesterday... and I do not appear to have the issue. I do notice that the tilt of the phone is very sensitive and the slightest tilt will cause "distortion" but it appears to be normal based on the tilt of the phone. When I line up everything correctly all the lines and angles appear to be straight as they should be. So far so good.

Talent
Message 26 of 838
Message 26 of 838

StanleyKubrick
Good to hear that you don't have much issue.

Would you mind sharing some sample photos?

Thanks!

Regular
Message 27 of 838
Message 27 of 838

Thought I'd best add myself to the list of those affected by this issue. UK user here, XZP was delivered yesterday and noticed the distortion issue immediately. Really disappointing to see this.

On my way to get a replacement as I type. Will see if the next handset has the same issue. I think Sony need to formally acknowledge this apparent defect. 

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 28 of 838
Message 28 of 838

@Nadfink where did you ordered yours in uk?

Talent
Message 29 of 838
Message 29 of 838

Read here :

http://clickitupanotch.com/2014/06/lens-distortion/

P.S.

You can correct lens distortion by using photoshop ..