account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

XZ2 Features for XZ1 Family?

Enthusiast
Message 1 of 19
Message 1 of 19

XZ2 Features for XZ1 Family?

First of all the XZP is in the XZ1 family. 

The new XZ2 has night light in the display settings now, as well as disable touchscreen with screen off.Screenshot_20180226-133222.png

There were camera ui and camera improvements as well as new Xperia Assist, new ui icons for settings and contacts . It also has display flash. Will the XZP get these improvements / new features ? And if yes, which?  Also, just give us display flash, even a Huawei p8 lite has it. ....

Edit: One handed mode would be nice to have as well. 

18 REPLIES 18
Pioneer
Message 2 of 19
Message 2 of 19

Re: XZ2 Features for XZ1 Family?

I´m more interested in the camera "changes" since it looks like the XZ2 hast the same Sensor as the XZP. Both have the same stats and i can´t find any information about a new sensor. Not even on the sony-semicon page.

But as it looks now. There are mostly Softwarechanges that would make the phone "better" than the XZP. So i don´t think they will bring the XZ2 features to the XZ1 series. Otherwise there would be no real reason to prefer the XZ2 over a XZ1.

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 19
Message 3 of 19

Yes but Sony mentioned the XZ Premium as their "innovation flagship ".

Adviser
Message 4 of 19
Message 4 of 19

I have read on Sony page regarding XZ2 in camera section that it can take extraordinary pictures in low light due to multi layer sensor with attached memory. Never heard that XZP is using it. It is something that also other companies are using with its multi layer sensors. It would be nice if it could travel into XZP that also has a multi layer sensor (probably the same as XZ2 i havent noticed a sentence that there are differences). Also if the sensor is the same it should be possible to give the XZP users an additional option in super-slow mode to reduce super-slo mode time (to 3 seconds from 6) and to have higher resolution. I dont think that HDR 4k is possible due to a S835 limitations in comparison to S845. 

I heard that there is an option in other companies phones to use super slow mode with move detection. It sounds very usefull, and because we have a predictive autofocus that has a move detection tool, it would be splendid to use it with super slow mode in xperia. Just imagine turning super slow mode viedo on (at normal speed), then when something moves you have an automatic 32 x slow mode turned (for example a bee starting its flight from a flower) on. If you tried to capture such moments you know that this could be a problem.

Regular
Message 5 of 19
Message 5 of 19

1. Night Light

2. Double tap to wake

3. Proximity sensor check on DT2W - even cheapest Xiaomi phone can do it. Or the phone gets "doubletapped" against your leg in the pocket by itself.

4. FHD for super slowmo

5. movement-detected slowmo, like on Samsung S9

Lacking all of this on XZ PREMIUM is a freaking JOKE

Adviser
Message 6 of 19
Message 6 of 19

Update for my post:

I have checked S9+ with super slow mode. I have XZP for comparison.

It looks like, when you use it for first time on S9 that its two years ahead of XZP's. It is because someone cared how will it be used and packed it with movement detection. When you use it, there is a square on your screen in the middle of it. It is waiting for a move in the square to activate super slow mode. It feels really ql. Also in super slow mode screen is extreamly fluid like its really 960 frames/s displayed. It is a shame that technicaly the same super slow mode on XZP and S9 is a different experience here and there. Sonys cameras could use a little polish as i think.

One time poster
Message 7 of 19
Message 7 of 19

960fps slo mo resolution

So the Xperia xz2 can do 960fps slo mo at 1080p. I heard something about how the xz1 and xz2 have the same sensor? Is this true and does it mean that the xz1, xz premium and xzs could possibly receive an update for full hd 960fps slow motion?

Emperor
Message 8 of 19
Message 8 of 19

Re: 960fps slo mo resolution

@Iain228

I'll escalate this but make sure to contact Sony directly as well >>> Local support

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 9 of 19
Message 9 of 19

@Lazaros_K @Zoria @saved-j 

I'll escalate this but make sure to contact Sony with your feedback >>> Local support

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Enthusiast
Message 10 of 19
Message 10 of 19

Just want to sign to this petition. Our  hardware can handle most of this features, so it will be honest to Sony fans to bring it via updates .