account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

XZ1 and XZ Premium can capture 4k 60fps - Qualcomm is lying

Talent
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

XZ1 and XZ Premium can capture 4k 60fps - Qualcomm is lying

Here is the proof:

https://youtu.be/h2ML8YVQPVw

6 REPLIES 6
Talent
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: XZ1 and XZ Premium can capture 4k 60fps - Qualcomm is lying

thats probably because samsung has OIS. Sony doesnt and have to compensate it sofwarely...

Talent
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

I have recorded on my XZP @ 4k 60fps 100mbps bitrate while I was playing @ 4k 60fps an HDR at the end of the movie. 

Trying to capture from the album was impossible becouse it's disabled in software I think. 

The result? 1 minute video = 600MB @ 100mbps bitrate.

I'm pretty sure now that Qualcomm has disabled 60fps 4k capture in software. Or maybe Sony...  

Pioneer
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

I don't understand what you are trying to Tell us...

If you talk about 4k 60fps Video capturing with the camera, it ist Not possible. The Note 8 ist also Not able to do so.

Even if the Sensor ist capable of it, the Image Processing of the SD835 can't handle it.

What you are Showing as Proof right now is sh**. Screen capturing is Not the Same als camera capturing. The SD835 ist capable of playing 4k 60fps Files and Screen recording has No Limitation Like camera recording.

Talent
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

1. Sony states that the imx400 sensor CAN record 4k 60fps

2. Recording the screen @4k 60fps is not the same as recording with sensor? The display is not a sensor? Switching  from camera to display source is just a trick to prove Qualcomm can do it. Are you for real? What's important is the bitrate, and snapdragon 835 can handle easily 100mbps bitrate!

That is more than enough!

Also keep in mind that I was also playing in the same time! 

Talent
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Screenshot_20171007-091021.png

Seems like the a11 sheepionic processor is using 55mbps in 265 and 100mbps in 264.

What more proofs do you want guys? 😂😂😂 Qualcomm CAN handle it! 

Highlighted
Learner
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

SnapDragon 835 CAN'T, by hardware, capture video in 4K 60fps, only in 4K 30fps. Now close the topic, thanks.