account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

XZ premium is not waterproof!!!

Learner
Message 1 of 22
Message 1 of 22

XZ premium is not waterproof!!!

My XZ-Premium is broken. The warranty did not accept easily because it says it was soaked in. The mobile cover was also closed by a trusted Seller.

I love Sony, but I'm disappointed

21 REPLIES 21
Message 2 of 22
Message 2 of 22

Re: XZ premium is not waterproof!!!

@Mahdi2HJ

No, it's not waterproof. It has a water ingress rating:

Xperia™ XZ Premium is water resistant and protected against dust, so don’t worry if you get caught in the rain or want to wash off dirt under a tap water, but remember all ports and attached covers should be firmly closed. You should not put the device completely underwater; or expose it to seawater, salt water, chlorinated water or liquids such as drinks. Abuse and improper use of device will invalidate warranty. The device has been tested under Ingress Protection rating IP65/68. For more info, see http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/dm/waterresistant/. Note the Xperia XZ Premium has a capless USB port to connect and charge. The USB port needs to be completely dry before charging.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Learner
Message 3 of 22
Message 3 of 22

(want to wash off dirt under a tap water, but remember all ports and attached covers should be firmly closed.)That's exactly what I did.

Message 4 of 22
Message 4 of 22

@Mahdi2HJ

Contact your Local support and ask for a further investigation, like a vacuum test.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Highlighted
Talent
Message 5 of 22
Message 5 of 22

My XZ Premium also had water damaged and I found the problem is type c charge port.Water will flow i...

When they changed me a new one,it still have this problem and I didn't put it in the water again.

What's more,when I send the second one to sony,they said it passed the test,I'm so angry.

Sony said XZ Premium have ip65/68 ablity.It is just a joke.

When I put my xz premium into water,it had water damaged....... viberating all the time.....
Enthusiast
Message 6 of 22
Message 6 of 22

What is exactly problem with your device? Did water get in through USB port or you did not dry your USB port before charging? I have this device and want to know becose I am using it on sea.

Message 7 of 22
Message 7 of 22

@tomo100brt

Never expose your device to seawater, salt water, chlorinated water or liquids such as fruit drinks, liquid detergent, and vinegar. These will damage your phone even with the IP rating active and all ports are sealed.

Talent
Message 8 of 22
Message 8 of 22

I've found that  so many xzps have this problem: water will flow into the device by type c port.And I didn't charge it before I put it under water. I don't know if yours also have this problem.

One time poster
Message 9 of 22
Message 9 of 22

I just want to say that i had the sony xperia z5 it frll into the see and sand i wased it off and it works fine then i upgraded to the xz premium it fell from over a meter high flat on its face and its still 100% and have taken photos in the swimming pool under water and its works perfectly so all you people that ssy its not waterproof is a bunch off liars. 

Message 10 of 22
Message 10 of 22

I wouldn't say they are lying...but I will say this...we are talking about a computer...more than a computer because there are not too many computers that can do what any cell phone can do. It runs on electricity...electricity, and metal, and water, do not mix well. Along with the IP rating this phone has there is also a clearly stated warning NOT to submerge the phone under water. I know it seems to be a contradiction in terms but the reality is that Sony, as well as all the other OEM's, are just trying to prevent a disaster if any ACCIDENTAL contact with water takes place. Most of the time a little rain or a drop in the toilet will not destroy the phone...but to deliberately take an expensive electronic device under water when the OEM said DO NOT DO THIS is foolishness on the part of the end user. Now if you don't like their policy, then find a phone that allows such use and stop complaining about it. You know, most every car on the road today is water resistant...you can drive in the heaviest thunderstorm without worry....but you cannot drive under water! Please people, if you must shower with your phone, or swim with your phone, then get a proper waterproof case for it, or buy a phone that can really do these things properly.