account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

XZ Premium suddenly died

Regular
Message 21 of 28
Message 21 of 28

Re: XZ Premium suddenly died

Sony was not very clear about the actual problem. All that was said was it was a software issue. It was reset and clear upon return. It has been like brand new. It was my original phone that was returned, because it had my same screensaver screen protector on it. Like I said it did cost me $50 to get it fixed but that was by far the cheapest option that I had. And I think Sony wants to make it right because they explained it was a brand new program.

Rookie
Message 22 of 28
Message 22 of 28

Hellow bruce!
Few months before i had this same problem. It stucked when using and i restarted it. From that moment onwards i couldn't start it again. A green light is blinking like a faulty phone when pressing power button or connecting the charger. 
my local repairman said it is a CPU issue. We all know that sony has'nt make a good heat dissipation way yet in their phones. XZP's bezzel has made from nylon. 

What was your problem? 
How much did you pay as shipping fee?
How much time did they take?
How did you pay the service fee 50$? Credit card? 

Regular
Message 23 of 28
Message 23 of 28

I paid the$50 service charge. I was told it was bad software maybe from the android 9 update. It took about 4-5 weeks to get it back. No issues since! 

One time poster
Message 24 of 28
Message 24 of 28

Seems like a common theme here. I too have an XZ PREMIUM and yes, mine has died after about about 22 months. Had plenty of charge, took it out of my pocket and it was very hot. I'd been using it five minutes prior to that but now there is absolutely nothing. Dead as a dodo. Don't think I'll be getting a sony again! Had nothing but problems with them! Cheap and nasty parts, yet very expensive to buy!! 

One time poster
Message 25 of 28
Message 25 of 28

Did you get it fixed? mine just died last week with the same problem whenever I try to charge or start it only the green light is blinking I've tried everything but it still won't work 

Regular
Message 26 of 28
Message 26 of 28

Yes it is perfectly fixed. Contact Customer service and it will cost you $50. 

One time poster
Message 27 of 28
Message 27 of 28

The 2 min restart worked first time. The releif and sense of victory waas overwhelming! 

Highlighted
Adept
Message 28 of 28
Message 28 of 28

What fixed mine was bringing it to the service center and they replaced my phone's motherboard. They said it was a board problem.