account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

XZ Premium suddenly died

Regular
Message 11 of 28
Message 11 of 28

Re: XZ Premium suddenly died

Contacted Customer Support about the phone and they informed me it was out of warranty, but they were starting an out of warranty repair program and would contact me when it starts. We'll, three days later, the most helpful Marianne called me back with info on the new program. The immediately sent a shipping label and for a reasonable fee have my phone in for repair! Thank you, Marianne and Sony! 

One time poster
Message 12 of 28
Message 12 of 28

seem like the problem hasn't solved. It happen to me today, so freaking crazy. I am using normal and suddenly the phone turned it off. can't do anything. No charging, no light, nothing. I tried every method above but still nothing happen. 

Regular
Message 13 of 28
Message 13 of 28

It is very crazy and seems to be increasingly frequent. Call customer service and see if they can help. 

Message 14 of 28
Message 14 of 28

Hav anyone fixed the problem?  It looks like long term use of the way the phone is charged. How everyone charge your phones normally? Just plugged it in all night? Don't charge the phone connected for hours like that. Yes it's not supposed to create any problems and besides battery care is there for protection. Still it's not wise to do so.  Also if phone is heated make sure the heat can dissipate away by removing the case or pouch. Also always restart phone once a week or 2 weeks.

Anyway here do u guys tried replacing battery?? I don't believe cpu dead case. I hav seen lot of repairs end up replacing battery and the only thing is once u change battery, u won't get d same battery runtime as stock original. Atleast it works.

Another thing is battery care is supposed to extend battery life and is doing fine job managing power from quick chargers but at any point it should not be catalyst for damaging battery indirect way. Always disconnect charger after fully charged. Also use a case or pouch that  is not too tight nd.can easily be removed so that d phone can breathe. Keep install a cpu app which monitors cpu frequency activity to see its running normal nd no app causes it to run at high frequency nd lose deep sleep unnecessarily bcos of any 3rd party apps.. 

So try replacing batteries to see if u guys can turn on the phone. And once changed d battery don't expect the water resistance  avoid pool photography .

Apprentice
Message 15 of 28
Message 15 of 28

Definitely battery is not a problem, something got fried while I plugged it in for recharge, cpu or some motherboard component. I had to buy new device. Sony don't put Battery care or some other mombo-jumbo software, put better quality components! 

Regular
Message 16 of 28
Message 16 of 28

Customer Service sent me an out of warranty repair authorization. I just received it back two days ago and it is back 100%! It did cost $50, but it was very appreciated, because we all know what we paid for these phones. The number is 855-806-8464. Have your IMEI # available. Also will need a copy of the receipt when purchased. At least worth a try.  It is great to have mine back! Thank you Sony!  I picked up an XA2 open box item at Best Buy for a great price to use in the meantime. It is a very good little phone with way better sound than the XZP. ( my only "complaint")

Regular
Message 17 of 28
Message 17 of 28

@mikisonata wrote:

I'm gonna join this group of disappointed costumers. My xz premium also died after plugging it for a recharge, and I sent device to repair shop. They told me that CPU died and there is nothing they can do about it. Device is useless now and I am so disappointed because this was so expensive phone for me, and I have been a fan of a Sony since K700i. I am just glad that I am not alone with this problem, and I would like to advice Sony as a costumer that its not all about style of the phone, its more about a good quality components. Majority of a people cant afford to buy new phone that comes every year. So build it to last and do not build it so you can sell another device.  

Call the Customer Service and see my previous reply. I had a seamless repair on mine and was very grateful for Sony Customer Service.

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 18 of 28
Message 18 of 28

me dead 

is hot and dead 

I think it burned the gpu or mother board, it was for no reason I thought the sony lasted more, I have previous models that are still good

Apprentice
Message 19 of 28
Message 19 of 28

When have you bought your XZ Premium? Maybe it is the hardware problem with early units? Mine is from August 2018? Bought it in October 2018.

One time poster
Message 20 of 28
Message 20 of 28

Apprentice
Message 16 of 20

Customer Service sent me an out of warranty repair authorization. I just received it back two days ago and it is back 100%! It did cost $50, but it was very appreciated, because we all know what we paid for these phones. The number is 855-806-8464. Have your IMEI # available. Also will need a copy of the receipt when purchased. At least worth a try.  It is great to have mine back! Thank you Sony!  I picked up an XA2 open box item at Best Buy for a great price to use in the meantime. It is a very good little phone with way better sound than the XZP. ( my only "complaint")

Do you know exactly about your phone's problem? My phone has the same situation, I tried every guide from the internet, changed the charger port but it still black, cannot turn on. I'm so depressed now Slightly frowning Face(.