account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

XZ Premium owners - Your initial impression

Apprentice
Message 61 of 187
Message 61 of 187

Re: XZ Premium owners - Your initial impression

1. Did you pre-order your Xperia XZ Premium?

• No, was debating between this and the XZs. Glad I waited for this to release.
  2. In what country do you live?

• USA
  3. What was your previous phone?
    • Iphone 7 Plus, Mate 9
  4. What do you like most about your new phone? 
    • Solid build quality, stereo speakers and I seem to be one of the few that actually likes the camera...
    • 4k screen is nice when viewing 4k content, but I can see a grid pattern quite easily everywhere which is surprising given the high ppi count of the display. I've gotten used to it, but it is a little disappointing.
  5. Occasionally we contact end-users for the purpose of product development. Would this be of interest to you?
    • Sure
Learner
Message 62 of 187
Message 62 of 187

Worst call interface.

How to find missed calls?

Finding contacts is also not an easy job. 

Apprentice
Message 63 of 187
Message 63 of 187

1. Did you pre-order your Xperia XZ Premium? No but did purchase on first day of launch

2. In what country do you live? UK

3. What was your previous phone? Sony Xperia Z2
  4. What do you like most about your new phone? Display, speed, design and premium quality. 
  5. Occasionally we contact end-users for the purpose of product development. Would this be of interest to you? Yes
Adviser
Message 64 of 187
Message 64 of 187

1. Did you pre-order your Xperia XZ Premium?

Yes
  2. In what country do you live?

Japan
  3. What was your previous phone?

Xperia XZ and OnePlus 3T
  4. What do you like most about your new phone?

Vivid 4K HDR screen and smooth UX
  5. Occasionally we contact end-users for the purpose of product development. Would this be of interest to you?

Yes!
Apprentice
Message 65 of 187
Message 65 of 187

1  Yes, I preordered the phone

2. United States

3. Z3v

4. The software updates; after the Z4v fell through, there were no updates to the Z3v after 5.1 Lollipop

5. Yes.  The downside, at least in the U.S., is that the major carriers are not providing LTE 4G Enhanced Services (such as Video, Wifi and HD calling) to phones that are unlocked and unbranded.   Is there anyway the manufacturers can work around this and provide these features? 

Apprentice
Message 66 of 187
Message 66 of 187

I get LTE service on my XZ Premium through AT&T; just no enhanced LTE services such as HD, Video and Wifi calling.

Emperor
Message 67 of 187
Message 67 of 187

@Rudster03

That's because you have an unlocked phone, even with branded phones, it's up to AT&T to enable such features. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice
Message 68 of 187
Message 68 of 187

I know right! I have the Htc One m9 and the m9 sounds louder,clearer and crispier with it's surround sound.

Inhabitant
Message 69 of 187
Message 69 of 187

I've posted a few posts here in last few hours, but I must say now I've played with it more, the camera is utter garbage. It has nothing on the S7 edge. Have not tried S8 but I did test U11 and it was clearly nicer than what I'm seeing here. 

Loudspeaker needs help. Headphone audio is however brilliant. 

SwiftKey is getting on my nerves. 

I'm in Australia and was supplied in the box the UCH20 charger, not QC3.0 charger. Disappointed to discover this. 

Stamina mode stutter is unbearable, worse than some $100 phone. 

One time poster
Message 70 of 187
Message 70 of 187

1. Did you pre-order your Xperia XZ Premium? Yes I did Slightly smiling Face

2. In what country do you live? Australia

3. What was your previous phone? Sony Xperia X
  4. What do you like most about your new phone? Size 4K screen and design
  5. Occasionally we contact end-users for the purpose of product development. Would this be of interest to you? Yes It would. Plus I would love to see the Xperia XZ Premium on the Sony Concept Program it was fun and slowly adding features and being able to provide feed back was a great tool to further help the Sony brand.