account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

XZ Premium owners - Your initial impression

Talent
Message 31 of 187
Message 31 of 187

Re: XZ Premium owners - Your initial impression

1.Yes,I did.

2.In China.

3.Xperia z5 compact&iPhone6

4.Battery life is good.

It's fluent and steady.

outlook is beautiful  but a little weak(include deepsea's volume button and metal&plastic  frame---it's easy to paint off.... and shine's plastic frame is the same.)

It is a little big.....

ip68 seems not achieve in many xzp....

5.I really wanna sony contact with me and I also want Xperia great again!

Sony Xperia Developer
Message 32 of 187
Message 32 of 187

Did you pre-order your Xperia XZ Premium? Nope, I received my first prototype unit a few month ago and have used it for verification and quality work. I have not been allowed to use it outside of the office until recently.

In what country do you live? Sweden

What was your previous phone? For personal use, Xperia X and Xperia Z5.

What do you like most about your new phone? The display is awesome and the phone is fast. I love playing mobile games on this thing. 

Occasionally we contact end-users for the purpose of product development. Would this be of interest to you? It's cool to see so many users show interest in this! Slightly smiling Face

Apprentice
Message 33 of 187
Message 33 of 187

An android user since my Nokia n900 maemo was destroyed by carphone warehouse a while back. I've had the Desire HD, Sensation, One M7 and prior to my new XZP the One M9. Loved the one series and was extremely tempted to get the U11.

1. Did you pre-order your Xperia XZ Premium?

Yes i did via CPW as an upgrade. got my phone on 2nd June 2017

2. In what country do you live?

UK

3. What was your previous phone? 

See above but last one was HTC One M9

4. What do you like most about your new phone?

I like the look especially and the feel. The glass effect is impessive which sold me more than the U11. 

5. Occasionally we contact end-users for the purpose of product development. Would this be of interest to you?

Sure. why not

6. Any features you weren't so pleased with?

I'm not a fan of the headphones manufactures are currently rolling out. 

The ones that look like umbrellas on the end that you shove into your ears. I can never use them as they come straight back out!! I would've preferred ones like MDR-E820 which are in the ear headphones, like the ones Sony supplied with the old PSP (i still use them!) so the ones out of the XZP box are still in the box or probably going to one of my kids!

The other thing i would've liked to see was a bigger sized SD slot. Compared with the U11 which has up to 2TB!! The xp is only 256. Some would say that's more than adequate, but if you're away on holiday and you're making videos, especially in 4K, you'll find that SD card will be full very quickly. The HTC One M9 could record in 4k and one 6 minute clip was around 1.5gb in size. HTC's recordings stopped at 6 minutes. i haven't actually tried recording past 6 minutes as i was just messing around with slow mo. But perhaps on your next model, you consider catching up on storage size.

The battery doesn't last a full day if you are bashing games like the insanely battery draining clash of clans. I've also recently downloaded marvels contest of champions and the other battery draining game is defence zone 3. Warning...these games are VERY addictive and you'll find you're charging your phone at least twice daily to keep up!

Almost done!! The sound is considerably lower than my outgoing phone HTC One M9. I use poweramp and i had to turn my volume and amp on the app to max to get to hear it loud. On the HTC i was too scared to turn it 3/4 of the way up because it was so loud. If you could do something in an update to increase volume output, that would be fab!

Lastly, only 1 live wallpaper. The other wallpapers aren't so nice so i'm resigned to sticking with the one that the phone starts with.

Adept
Message 34 of 187
Message 34 of 187

1 . Yes

2.  Ireland

3.  iPhone 6s plus

4.  Like nothing about my new xzpremium so far.

Adviser
Message 35 of 187
Message 35 of 187

1. Yes, the first day you could.

2. Ireland.

3. Z3 Compact (Concept software). 
  4. Speed and screen.
  5. Yes absolutely. I was a Z3C Concept user before this.
Message 36 of 187
Message 36 of 187

I am sorry for the mistake, misread the post. It is edited back to the original.

Also, please check your inbox.

Thank you.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Message 37 of 187
Message 37 of 187

@Blackbagz wrote:

The other thing i would've liked to see was a bigger sized SD slot. Compared with the U11 which has up to 2TB!! The xp is only 256. 

Hi @Blackbagz

Just to clarify this point..

Consider the HTC U11 maximum SD as a bit of sneaky advertising...

2TB is the maximum theoretical SD size for current technology, so is supported.

256gb is the maximum available size. Which is why Sony advertise this figure.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Apprentice
Message 38 of 187
Message 38 of 187

Re: XZ Premium first impression - and you better not edit this!

@najodleglejszy wrote:
what I meant is, there was a version of Xperia Home (i.e. the launcher) that would show Google Now cards on one of the homescreens. like, you know how you can scroll the homescreens to the left and right? one of those screens would be Google Now feed. it's just that I'm not sure if that version is on XZ Premium.

Yeah i get you. I do apreciate it's not a HTC and uses Sense. Would love to see something similar but i'm just one dude. Light BulbSmiling Face with Sunglasses

Apprentice
Message 39 of 187
Message 39 of 187

@viridis wrote:

@Blackbagz wrote:

The other thing i would've liked to see was a bigger sized SD slot. Compared with the U11 which has up to 2TB!! The xp is only 256. 

Hi @Blackbagz

Just to clarify this point..

Consider the HTC U11 maximum SD as a bit of sneaky advertising...

2TB is the maximum theoretical SD size for current technology, so is supported.

256gb is the maximum available size. Which is why Sony advertise this figure.

Fair point. I get that to 

Message 40 of 187
Message 40 of 187

Re: XZ Premium first impression - and you better not edit this!

btw, if you use Nova Launcher, you can do the same thing with Google Now as of today's beta http://www.androidpolice.com/2017/06/14/exclusive-nova-launcher-finally-gets-google-now-integration-... 

just FYI Slightly smiling Face