account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

XZ Premium owners - Your initial impression

Apprentice
Message 21 of 187
Message 21 of 187

Re: XZ Premium owners - Your initial impression

1. Yeah I pre order May 16, 2017

2. I'm from India but now in Slovakia 

3. Mostly I used only Sony, my last model also Xperia X dual 

4.I really love it, and I got Sony MDR 1000X headset as free. It's also really amazing. 

5. I bought Deep sea black, no words to explain about this. 

One time poster
Message 22 of 187
Message 22 of 187

1. Did you pre-order your Xperia XZ Premium?  Yes i did

2. In what country do you live?  Sweden

3. What was your previous phone? Xperia Z5
  4. What do you like most about your new phone? The feel and the speed
  5. Occasionally we contact end-users for the purpose of product development. Would this be of interest to you? Yes
Apprentice
Message 23 of 187
Message 23 of 187

1. Yes

2. Germany

3. Xperia Z5 Premium

4. Chrome color, speed, 4K, SuperSlowMo Slightly smiling Face - I DO miss double tap to wake/sleep Slightly frowning Face

5. yes

KPW
Adviser
Message 24 of 187
Message 24 of 187

Hello Sebastian,

Thank you for providing a structured format to capture impressions...appreciated Slightly smiling Face

In response to your questions:

1. Did you pre-order your Xperia XZ Premium? - Yes, Black (Unlocked Mobiles.com)

2. In what country do you live? - United Kingdom

3. What was your previous phone? - Sony Xperia Z5P.

4. What do you like most about your new phone? - Engineering design, seamless rounded edges, stunning screen quality, audio quality, performance (and so far does not appear to get hot), improved fingerprint reader, improved 5x4 grid in Android N, ability to change uSD without removing SIM forcing a reboot, USB C + Fast Charge.

5. Occasionally we contact end-users for the purpose of product development. Would this be of interest to you? - Certainly - very happy to contribute and beta test as appropriate.

I'd also comment on a few other points:

- Initially I was quite happy with loss of Double Tap to Wake, having had some irritation with my Z5P frequently turning itself on in a jacket pocket and getting hot (using the Style Cover Window SCR46); however after some days am now finding it an issue. Recommend re-instating, please, but with a toggle available so is user-selectable. There are times when it would be really useful; others when good to be able to turn off.

- Does not appear to naturally revert to the designated Home Screen (unlike Z5P), but stays on last viewed

- Top Contacts Widget has dissapeared; appreciate decisions have to be made, but user flexibility / choice should be determining factor. If not being included in the ROM, could such items please be made available for D/L as an .apk from the Sony site ?

- Prvided Sony Music software does not make the best of the audio capabilities of the Hi Res audio hardware. Could you not get together with Poweramp or comparable developer to create something to do it real justice !

- Would like to see an equivalent Style Cover Window for the XZP as previously used on the Z5P (SCR46) please. The current Style Cover Stand (SCSG10) is good - texture of cover is better than old SCR46, but would be even better with the NFC active window feature added. 

Best regards,

Kevin

Sony Xperia Developer
Message 25 of 187
Message 25 of 187

Hi @Cobby1,

I'm glad you got our new flagship. However, a bit concerned about the display problems you wrote about. Would you care to make a video (if you have the possibility) or take some pictures so I can have a look at the problems? You can use Google Drive to upload and files that you want to share with me.

There is a diagnostics tool in the support application. Support (app)-> Tools->Diagnostics->Display

you can use.

Br

/Sebastian

Regular
Message 26 of 187
Message 26 of 187

1. Did you pre-order your Xperia XZ Premium? Yes

2. In what country do you live? England

3. What was your previous phone? Xperia Z2
  4. What do you like most about your new phone?  Speed, fingerprint scanner, wifi signal improvement - but I really (I mean REALLY!!) miss double tap to wake and to a lesser extent small apps, FM radio and the photo gallery widget
  5. Occasionally we contact end-users for the purpose of product development. Would this be of interest to you? Yes
Enthusiast
Message 27 of 187
Message 27 of 187

1. Did you pre-order your Xperia XZ Premium? Sadly not

2. In what country do you live? Germany

3. What was your previous phone? IPhone 7 Plus
  4. What do you like most about your new phone? Design, Camera, Hires Music
One time poster
Message 28 of 187
Message 28 of 187

1- No

2- UAE

3- Iphone 6s+

4- i like everything since i had Z2 before switching to iphone which made my life miserable, i regretted not buying the Z5 and went with iphone, waited for Xz premium and got it yesterday, at last, but i noticed the quality in slow motion is not as shown in the ads, it felt like shooting with an old camera, and after taking few photos playing around with camera testing, the camera stopped working and i had to restart the phone, and viewing images on instagram it takes a little bit longer to process the image, and the glass protector which came with the phone the touch is uncomfortable, and please put back the double tap feature. Im thinking to send the phone back to the store. 

5- definitely yes. 

Message 29 of 187
Message 29 of 187

1. Did you pre-order your Xperia XZ Premium? Yes

2. In what country do you live? Philippines

3. What was your previous phone? Asus Zenfone 2
  4. What do you like most about your new phone? Performance, Camera, 4k Display
Learner
Message 30 of 187
Message 30 of 187

1. Did you pre-order your Xperia XZ Premium?  Yes, ordered direct from Sony store although it was pointless as they didn't send it for 5 days after release so I cancelled it and went and bought it in a shop.

2. In what country do you live?  UK

3. What was your previous phone?  Xperia Z5 Premium (awful battery life!)
  4. What do you like most about your new phone?  Slick interface, camera impressive on initial use.
  5. Occasionally we contact end-users for the purpose of product development. Would this be of interest to you? Sure
  6. Any bad points? Some software bugs, WiFi as usual with pretty much every Sony Xperia I've owned and some weird Google Play bug where the apps won't update, just sits on downloading status forever.