account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

XZ Premium owners - Your initial impression

Message 11 of 187
Message 11 of 187

Re: XZ Premium owners - Your initial impression

1. Did you pre-order your Xperia XZ Premium? No. 

2. In what country do you live? England. 

3. What was your previous phone? HTC One M9. 
  4. What do you like most about your new phone? The screen clarity. 
  5. Occasionally we contact end-users for the purpose of product development. Would this be of interest to you? Yes. 
  6. What's bad? The volume is awful, way too quiet. 
Adviser
Message 12 of 187
Message 12 of 187

1. Yes, I pre-ordered that masterpiece. 

2. Austria, it's right below Germany on the map, not to confuse with Australia Grinning Face

3. I've been using the Z5 up until now. 

4.It feels smooth again, I was using the Z3 before I've upgraded to the Z5 and that felt more like a downgrade to me. Interface felt sluggish, laggy compared to the Z3 and it really could heat up, battery life was a step back as well not to speak of numerous crashes and restarts. All that is in the past now the Xz Premium feels fast and its cool to the touch, even under full load. Simply a masterpiece. 

5. Yes, that would be of interest to me. 

One time poster
Message 13 of 187
Message 13 of 187

1. No

2. UK 

3. Xperia Z3 

4. Music player, bigger screen. 

5. Yes

xz premium. You get to the shop, pay for the phone straight away, opening box and find that there's basics setup. Handset, charger, and crap headphones. On a premium device, with noise canceling proper headphones should be included. 

What kind of premium is that. Ower all it is hard to find significant differences between Android devices. As for personal experience can't say that I would offer some to exchange their z3 or z5 for xz premium., z5 is cheaper and at the end of the day dos the job. 

One time poster
Message 14 of 187
Message 14 of 187

I made a pre-order about a week ago. Still waiting..

I'm from Tunisia but I have pre-ordered the xzp (black) through a friend of mine from England.

Z1

I am expecting a combination of the z5p and xz with the xzp. I knoe it's the best choice for both performance and reliability although I will make my final statement about the design when I get it and feel it.

Talent
Message 15 of 187
Message 15 of 187

1. Did you pre-order your Xperia XZ Premium?

Yes, pre-ordered on the 5th of May. Received it on the 3rd of June. (Chrome variant)
  2. In what country do you live?

Netherlands
  3. What was your previous phone?Xperia Z2
  4. What do you like most about your new phone
    4k screen, slomo, fast UI/CPU, good camera, clean UI, 64gb
  5. Occasionally we contact end-users for the purpose of product development. Would this be of interest to you?
    I would def be interested!
Message 16 of 187
Message 16 of 187

Are you an owner of the new Xperia XZ Premium? Tell the community a little bit about yourself and your experience so far.

1. Did you pre-order your Xperia XZ Premium? Yes, I did. 

2. In what country do you live? Sweden. 

3. What was your previous phone? X Performance. 
  4. What do you like most about your new phone? The design.  
  5. Occasionally we contact end-users for the purpose of product development. Would this be of interest to you? Yes. Slightly smiling Face 
Inhabitant
Message 17 of 187
Message 17 of 187

1. I did preorder the Xperia XZ Premium.

2. I live in Germany.

3. My previous phones were the Xperia Z2 and Galaxy Note 4.
  4. What do you like most about your new phone? I can´t decide between the extremely nice performance and the fingerprint scanner.
  5. This would definitely be of interest to me, as I also see many things to critize about the device. I dislike e.g. the processing of pictures or that the double-tap to wake function is removed (why??), which I already miss from my Z2.
Learner
Message 18 of 187
Message 18 of 187

1. Did you pre-order your Xperia XZ Premium? - yes

2. In what country do you live? - UK

3. What was your previous phone? - XZ
  4. What do you like most about your new phone? - PROS:quality of the design, screen size(it is just perfect), performance, UI. CONS: quality of the camera (video is great ). Why switching from 30 fps to 60fps in 1080p is causing smaller view angle? The 960 fps mode is ok, but could be at least 1 second. The 4K mode(in video) should be an option to choose, not like a feature in different place.  Screen - to fully achieve effects of HDR on this screen its needs to be a bit more than 550nt brightness and the last one, there should be an option to choose what screen resolution we shall use in day to day basis (1080p,2k,4k), more apps to trigger 4k screen not just ALBUM.
  5. Occasionally we contact end-users for the purpose of product development. Would this be of interest to you? - I will really appreciate it, I'm with Sony from nearly beginning...so YES, happy to help and give suggestions.
Regular
Message 19 of 187
Message 19 of 187

Hi Sebastian, 

1. Did you pre-order your Xperia XZ Premium?

Yes, I did. For the sake of free gifts Face with stuck-out Tongue

2. In what country do you live?

Malaysia

3. What was your previous phone? 

Xperia XZ

4. What do you like most about your new phone?

The display. Although some reviewer say that it's fairly indistinguishable from lower resolution display, the experience of viewing a 4K content is extremely surreal. You can't realise the difference, but your brain subconciously see it, like looking through a window, viewing a world which does not really exist behind the screen. Everytime I view 4K content, because of this reason I keep feeling confused, in a good way of course. The color pops realistically and pretty, but still kind to the eyes and not intrusive at all. The design and material choice comes second. They make Xperia XZ feels cheap and toy-ish. Thank you for the oleophobic coating on the glass - it's the best I've had so far. About the bezels, you won't notice them as the exceptional display will get you mesmerized.

5. Occasionally we contact end-users for the purpose of product development. Would this be of interest to you?

Absolutely, yes! 

Learner
Message 20 of 187
Message 20 of 187

1. Did you pre-order your Xperia XZ Premium? Yes via Amazon 

2. In what country do you live? UK

3. What was your previous phone? Z3 Compact
  4. What do you like most about your new phone? Quality of display when it works, clarity, speed. Still working my way around it. I am experiencing issues with the display, a permanent line like a row of dead pixels, stutter of content when scrolling, fade in and out of display and occasional grey band noise down the screen. Other than that it's lovely.
  5. Occasionally we contact end-users for the purpose of product development. Would this be of interest to you? Yes, please do.