account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

XZ Premium owners - Your initial impression

One time poster
Message 171 of 187
Message 171 of 187

Re: XZ Premium owners - Your initial impression

Soy Víctor lara ,he tenido todas las gamas altas de Sony... Desde el Z, Z1, Z3, Z5, Z5 premium y XZ, ahora tengo el XZ premium, y realmente extraño que el dispositivo se apague o encienda con 2 toques en la pantalla de home, estaba muy acostumbrado y feliz; me regodeaba de esa opción frente a los otros dispositivos como Samsung y hasta el mismo iPhone que no la tenían. Ahora simplemente extraño esa opción. 

I'm Victor lara, I've had all the high ranges of Sony ... From the Z, Z1, Z3, Z5, Z5 premium and XZ, I now have the XZ premium, and I really miss the device to turn off or turn on with 2 touches on the home screen was very used and happy; I relished that option in front of other devices like Samsung and even the same iPhone that did not have it. Now I just miss that option.

GT

One time poster
Message 172 of 187
Message 172 of 187

Hi, i live in the UK and the sony xperia xz premium is absolute madness! 

Enthusiast
Message 173 of 187
Message 173 of 187

My initial impression? I didn't know which phone to buy XZ Premium or wait for XZ1. When I saw that XPERIA XZ Premium in Luminous Chrome I decided to buy it. Love that design.

And now I see how speedy it is. Good or I can say best 4K HDR screen on smartphone. Battery is phenomenal. Now on Android 8.0.0 battery is much better. Sound is very good even through speakers. Camera is good too. Yes it needs some software optimisations.

I am from Croatia and I bought it with free Sony SRS-XB20. Sony always give something free extra when you buy their smartphones on lunch. And that is one more + for Sony.

That is my impression then and now.

One time poster
Message 174 of 187
Message 174 of 187

Hello 

I love my phone , it's classy, hardworking and superb on many levels 

however.

why can i not customise settings in video ? i can't stand all the thumnails of 'recent' videos when i open my library, most of it is garbage from whatsapp posts and the like. The filing system for the video library is a mess.

Also trying to delete media from my SD card is impossible as it says i don't have permission and i have to link to a PC to clear up data.

i don't need answers to these points but i find it amazing that when i update my phone , this kind of thing is pressed upon the user and makes things less user-friendly 

also , the dictionary is not intuitive at all, prompting the wrong words in a sentence and not taking note of simple grammar algorythms 

many thanks 

Visitor
Message 175 of 187
Message 175 of 187

Yes, I just got a XZ Premium 4 days ago.

XZ Premium looks great and is fast.

1. No I never pre-ordered. It appears to already be an old model :/

2. Live in South Africa

3. Upgraded (more like downgraded) from a Samsung Galaxy S6.

4. Has large internal storage and can take an external SD.

5. Yes please, I have a lot of opinions of how you can actually make a good phone.

-- What I hate about the phone (you never asked) this 19MP camera acts like a 1.0MP camera. Pics are blurry and awful. There's no fixes available. I'm regretting getting a Sony. Wish I had stayed with my old worn out Samsung. Was way better for pictures. Main reason I upgraded was for a better camera - Sony marketing lied.

Veteran
Message 176 of 187
Message 176 of 187

Sony is good at photography. 
Sadly not sony mobile Winking Face

Visitor
Message 177 of 187
Message 177 of 187

its fast 

battery & camera are so so

design is gorgeous mainly reason why I bought this phone.

Learner
Message 178 of 187
Message 178 of 187

1. Did you pre-order your Xperia XZ Premium? No

2. In what country do you live? Indonesia 

3. What was your previous phone? Xperia Z3
  4. What do you like most about your new phone? Its super fast, beautiful design and awesome camera 
  5. Occasionally we contact end-users for the purpose of product development. Would this be of interest to you? Yes of course 
One time poster
Message 179 of 187
Message 179 of 187

No era lo que esperaba... Espero que el xz 2 sea ,mejor

It was not what I expected ... I hope the xz 2 is, better

GT

Regular
Message 180 of 187
Message 180 of 187

It's been a long time since I've been this happy and satisfied with a Phone. I think I have to go all the way back to the Note 2 4G or even the HTC HD2 for a comparable level of satisfaction. The XZ Premium is definitely one if not the most underrated phones on the market.