account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

XZ Premium owners - Your initial impression

Message 151 of 187
Message 151 of 187

Re: XZ Premium owners - Your initial impression

@Hobden87 do you use a screen protector? it could be covering the proximity sensor, which might be causing the black screen during the call. did you peel off the plastic sheet that's supposed to protect the phone when it's being shipped in the box?

Visitor
Message 152 of 187
Message 152 of 187

No screen protector and yes I peeled off the plastic sheet! Lol I don't even have a case on the phone The thing is as it doesn't do it every time it is pointless taking it back to carphone warehouse or sending it in for repair as, like most of these little niggles, they will not happen when you are trying to show it so I just have to get on with it. Does anyone else have a basically in effective camera in low light too?  

Message 153 of 187
Message 153 of 187

@Sebastian_Courel wrote:

Are you an owner of the new Xperia XZ Premium? Tell the community a little bit about yourself and your experience so far.

1. Did you pre-order your Xperia XZ Premium?

2. In what country do you live?

3. What was your previous phone?
  4. What do you like most about your new phone? 
  5. Occasionally we contact end-users for the purpose of product development. Would this be of interest to you?

Kind regards

/Sebastian

XPERIA Development

1. No. I would never pre-order a phone, reviews are too important.

2.US

3. Microsoft Lumia 950

4.the camera is the closest I've found to 950 quality, but could still be improved. Sharpening needs to be toned down and Raw support should be added.

5. Sure. 

One time poster
Message 154 of 187
Message 154 of 187

1,no

2, England 

3,Sony M4 Aqua 

4, the style! I really love the shape and the bezels. Take no notice of all the negative comments on the Web this is a beautiful phone 🙂 actually it looks like the monolith from 2001 a space odyssey which can only be a good thing. 

Audio, I wanted a phone which was good for music. 

Waterproof. 

Clever features and 

Reduced OS overlay 

5, fine by me

One time poster
Message 155 of 187
Message 155 of 187

1. No I didnt preorder

2.Bahrain

3.Xperia Z5 Premium

4.Gorgeous Display/ The best in class performance

5.Yes Im in

Learner
Message 156 of 187
Message 156 of 187

I like the phone it is fast and has a quality feel and an amazing camera.  However I am going to have to give it up for the simple reason it does not offer raw processing for its camera. Why oh why has sony left this feature out? 

Adept
Message 157 of 187
Message 157 of 187

1. No

2. Canada

3. Xperia z5

4. Build quality, Fuildity and slow-mo

5. Why not 😀 

One time poster
Message 158 of 187
Message 158 of 187

All I really wanted in Australia was the regular XZ in Glacier Blue. After saving up I settled on an XZ Premium in Chrome because I loved my Z3 and this felt like the successor. I must say I feel my Z3 was a better value phone. A feature I really wanted to use a lot is the 960fps Which I don't use so much because of the Super quick timing you need along with bright light required to get a clear image. That aside, the phone looks really nice. Definitely would have liked the choice of something non reflective, this is a finger print magnet. As with my Z3 and other Sony phones I love the dedicated Camera shutter button which was one of the main reasons I stuck with the Sony. It is a fun point and shoot device. I am disappointed the double tap to wake up feature is gone. Fingerprint scanner is no where as effective as Samsung and LG. From the get go the phone had been Lagging and often doesn't respond to camera wake up or screen on.  Also I can see the vertical lines that make up the 4K screen. So honestly, I had alot more fun when I went from Apple to a Z3, This time around I felt the price for what you get is too high and the speaker volume is way too low. I love the style of sony phones, the shape is very unique to the brand. I love the quality of the photos this phone takes and to sum up would take some convincing not to look elsewhere next time around. I would be very interested to get involved in any surveys relating to development of future devices as I want to see Sony kick butt with their often underrated phones. 

Rookie
Message 159 of 187
Message 159 of 187

Did you pre-order your Xperia XZ Premium? No

In what country do you live? New Zeland
    What was your previous phone? Nokia N9
    What do you like most about your new phone? built in SIP functionality (will probably go back to the N9 due to the removal of the built in SIP in Oreo)
    Occasionally we contact end-users for the purpose of product development. Would this be of interest to you? Maybe

Apprentice
Message 160 of 187
Message 160 of 187

@Sebastian_Courel wrote:

Are you an owner of the new Xperia XZ Premium? Tell the community a little bit about yourself and your experience so far.

1. Did you pre-order your Xperia XZ Premium?

2. In what country do you live?

3. What was your previous phone?
  4. What do you like most about your new phone? 
  5. Occasionally we contact end-users for the purpose of product development. Would this be of interest to you?

Kind regards

/Sebastian

XPERIA Development

1. No

2. Australia

3. Xperia Z3

4. Pretty much everything:

- the blazing speed using the web,apps and system.possibly one of the fastest phones on the

market.

- the classy premium look and style of the phone unlike anything else on the market(my wife got the 

Samsung S8 and is now regretting lol).

- the dedicated camera button(every smartphone should have one).

- the sound audio is top notch,especially so when hooked up to a high end ear phone.

- the vibrant screen .

- the only 4K phone on the market.

- ease of use,user friendly and simplicity.

- better 4G connection/reception

5. Yes