account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

XZ Premium owners - Your initial impression

Inhabitant
Message 111 of 187
Message 111 of 187

Re: XZ Premium owners - Your initial impression

Hi Guys, I am now a proud owner of an Xperia ZX Premium Blue Marine. I did not pre-order it. Used to live in Europe, I moved now to Singapore since a while, which is however the place where I have always purchased my "Top" Xperia (exceptd for the previous one) due to the dual SIM feature not available in Europe. Previously "equipped" with a Sony Xperia X Performance (bouht in HK), I appreciate now from the XZ Premium the battery, the display and the processor. However, I find the pictures done by the X Performance (23Mp) a bit better than those done with the XZ Premium (19 Mp). You could contact me for the purpose of product development.  Best regards Luigi
Luigi P
One time poster
Message 112 of 187
Message 112 of 187

1.no

2.UK

3.Z5

4.looks,feel,shape,4K video,super camera(for me anyway)front speakers.There is no double tap to wake/sleep no ability to move apps to sd card and no USB connectivity pretty important things that should be available on a flagship smart phone could be a killer phone if only.

5.No

Adviser
Message 113 of 187
Message 113 of 187

Ok after coming back to my Samsung Note 3 after around a week of use of Xperia XZ Premium, the music on my XZ Premium is like 2 levels lower than my Note 3. So it still means the audio is still weak.

I'm using a 1More Triple Driver IEM to listen to music in lossless format. Is there something wrong here? I do acknowledge though that the sound did improve from the patch. However it seems to be not enough. Is this an issue with the hardware?

Learner
Message 114 of 187
Message 114 of 187

Soumalya Khan from India

Can you please suggest me a way to find out if my xz premium is genuine or not. I purchased it on 20th of June this year.

Learner
Message 115 of 187
Message 115 of 187

I was really happy when I first got the phone, but now, after weeks of dropping wifi, weird bugs and a complete lack of interest from Sony, I can say this is the worst phone I have ever owned. I hate it. For anyone considering a Sony device, please don't buy it. COMPLETE WASTE OF MONEY

Message 116 of 187
Message 116 of 187

Adviser
Message 117 of 187
Message 117 of 187

I don't know why the wifi issue hasn't been properly addressed yet.

I bought this phone more than a week ago and it seems that the on going 5Ghz Wifi issue persists. I'm actually scared of my purchase now as it seems that support here is pretty bad.

So far I've been using my data instead of being able to utilize my high speed connection in my home.

One time poster
Message 118 of 187
Message 118 of 187

first impresions? never again!

terrible front camera ... faces of people are like aliens, cirles are ovals etc, flat lines become not flat

terrible back camera ..  my old nokia 920 making higher quailty pics than this xz premium

ugly pictures

ugly, grainy and laggy videos

920fps slow mo .. I was tempted for this but results is that bad I used it only twice, both were fail.

terrible night images

sound "grainy" sound via speakers 

low sound speakers quality

when paired with senheisser hd800 well... low end sound, absolute garbage when listening to music via headphones (xperia z ultra is fine for example]

massive overheating when gaming, Cant hold phone in hands That amount of heat

when overheated all apps frozen, phone crash, need to wait to cool down to use it again

tomorrow returing phone to the seller.

very dissapointed. very. 

.. not a rant but honest review of my brand new phone. decided to return in less than 24 hours. maybe its only my phone, bad luck? im not sure but not swapping with another xz premium....

KGJ
Visitor
Message 119 of 187
Message 119 of 187

Hello I love Sony Xperia phone.  Dropped my Xperia Z in Dec 2015.  Used cheap mobile just for phone calls until Xperia XZ Premium was released.  Missed Siri and predective text.  LOVE THE SHAPE.  The case feels great also.  Found the Sony web page hard to use to order case.

KGJ
Visitor
Message 120 of 187
Message 120 of 187

1. Did not pre order Sony web page had difficuilty using.  Not game to order overseas.

2. Australia

3.Xperia Z

4. Not used enough to give accurate comment.

Love the look and the feel.  Easy to start using the basics straight away.

5.Yes