account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

XZ Premium owners - Your initial impression

Adviser
Message 41 of 187
Message 41 of 187

Re: XZ Premium owners - Your initial impression

I happen to think the XZP is brilliant.

Forum Legend
Message 42 of 187
Message 42 of 187

Hey Guys/Gals! :stick to the format, there is no question number 6. keep your answers short and sweet. if you are having issues with your device feel free to create another thread.

so let's try again:

Are you an owner of the new Xperia XZ Premium? Tell the community a little bit about yourself and your experience so far.

1. Did you pre-order your Xperia XZ Premium?

2. In what country do you live?

3. What was your previous phone?
  4. What do you like most about your new phone? 
  5. Occasionally we contact end-users for the purpose of product development. Would this be of interest to you?

________________________________________________________________________________
The Man! The Myth! The Forum Legend! -Scott Sterling
Adept
Message 43 of 187
Message 43 of 187

1.) Yes

2.) Germany

3.) Xperia Z5P <- Z3 <- Z

4.) Speed for sure and the fact that it came with QC 4 charger (Z5P I had to buy charger extra), but atm I am more busy about the things it lacks ( Tap2wake, Xperia Keyboard..)

5.) Sure, familiar with that

Cheers

Horst

KPW
Adviser
Message 44 of 187
Message 44 of 187

Hello @HUMger,

FYI, the Xperia Keyboard is still in the ROM - just not enabled as default as per previous devices.

Go to Settings | Languages & Input | On-screen Keyboard and add - it will then be selectable in email, etc.

Regards,

Kevin

One time poster
Message 45 of 187
Message 45 of 187

As always, Thank you for the wonderful product, but I was surprised, why had you removed 

1- waking the device via the double tapping 

2- the video screen recording 

Rest are just fantastic so far 

Emad 

Learner
Message 46 of 187
Message 46 of 187

Hi Sebastian, I made a video. Played it back and the display corruptions were all visible. However, Amazon have kindly replaced the faulty device and when I play the video on my new device the faults don't appear. I guess that is confirmation that the screen was faulty. Very happy with my new XZ Premium now.

Thanks

Learner
Message 47 of 187
Message 47 of 187

1. Yes

2. Germany

3. Sony xperia z3
  4. Basicly I though I get a premium phone with good high end tec inside. But at the moment I don't trust my device because of heavy WLAN issues ( Wifi signal dropping )
  5. In principle, yes
Message 48 of 187
Message 48 of 187

1. Did you pre-order your Xperia XZ Premium? -- Yes

2. In what country do you live? -- UAE

3. What was your previous phone? -- HTC One M7
  4. What do you like most about your new phone? -- Solid, does not look like other smart phones, unique design
  5. Occasionally we contact end-users for the purpose of product development. Would this be of interest to you?
Apprentice
Message 49 of 187
Message 49 of 187

1. No

2. Norway

3. Have only used Sony (Sony Ericsson) mobiles until Xperia Z, but jumped to Windows Mobile cause got bored and tired of Android. Bough 950XL  at the day of release and still using it.

4. 960 fps, HD HDR screen, LDAC. Always happy with sound quality on Sony devices. Just bought MDR 1000X and looking for new Phone that supports LDAC. Tempting to buy XZ premium, but not so happy with thick top and bottom border on the phone. Sony should have used more of the space. Back/Home/Task button + Android bottom menu takes up so much space! 

5. Yes

Message 50 of 187
Message 50 of 187

I didn't preorder but I got it on the day of release and I love the phone however if it worked 100% that would make it the best phone on the market for me it's a shame things like wifi keeps dropping which means I'm unable to use my ps4 on my phone and certain games and when the WiFi drops even its its just a second or 2 it's everything that drops signal and calls if your on one I really need a fix for this as I'm seriously considering returning this product if not sorted soon