account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

XZ Premium owners - Your initial impression

Sony Xperia Developer
Message 1 of 187
Message 1 of 187

XZ Premium owners - Your initial impression

Are you an owner of the new Xperia XZ Premium? Tell the community a little bit about yourself and your experience so far.

1. Did you pre-order your Xperia XZ Premium?

2. In what country do you live?

3. What was your previous phone?
  4. What do you like most about your new phone? 
  5. Occasionally we contact end-users for the purpose of product development. Would this be of interest to you?

Kind regards

/Sebastian

XPERIA Development

186 REPLIES 186
Message 2 of 187
Message 2 of 187

Re: XZ Premium owners - Your initial impression

1. Did you pre-order your Xperia XZ Premium? Yes I did. 

2. In what country do you live? England

3. What was your previous phone? Oneplus 3
  4. What do you like most about your new phone? The audio is incredible! 
  5. Occasionally we contact end-users for the purpose of product development. Would this be of interest to you?Definitely. Would also be really interested in beta testing if you start a programme. 
Message 3 of 187
Message 3 of 187

1. Yes I pre-ordered.

2. United States

3. ZTE Axon 7

4. The 4G signal is stronger, probably due to the glass back whereas the Axon 7 has an aluminum back. However, the XZ does not have LTE running on AT&T here in the United States. Not a big deal for me.

There are some things that the Axon 7 does better.

Examples = Using double tap to lock through Nova Prime you could still use the fingerprint sensor to unlock the phone without a pin. The ringer and notification volumes are unlinked. < VERY IMPORTANT - Please Sony UNLINK the volumes!

The stereo speakers are a little louder and clearer on the Axon 7 but that is likely due to the XZ Premium being waterproof while the Axon 7 is not.

5. Yes

Message 4 of 187
Message 4 of 187

@Sebastian_Courel wrote:

1. Did you pre-order your Xperia XZ Premium?

2. In what country do you live?

3. What was your previous phone?
  4. What do you like most about your new phone? 
  5. Occasionally we contact end-users for the purpose of product development. Would this be of interest to you?

XPERIA Development

1, Not this time

2, UK 

3, XZ

4, the only device in the world I can use to operate my drone, and review the 4k/60 footage from it without downscaling.

Speed, it's fast as you can get

Audio still the best on mobile 

Camera is significantly better than xz imo, still checking it out.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Learner
Message 5 of 187
Message 5 of 187

1. No

2. UK

3. LG G6
  4. Nothing
  5. No

Adviser
Message 6 of 187
Message 6 of 187

Hi Sebastian,

I just got my Xperia XZ Premium yesterday.

Please see my response below:

1. Yes

2. I am currently in Dubai, UAE.

3. Sony Xperia XZ (F8332)

4. I like the speed of processing. As of now, its the one i've noticed. Also, the screen is stunning. But I have I more thing, the double tap to wake up and sleep is gone. I would prefer that it would be returned back.

5. Yes, Ofcourse.

Thanks and Regards,

Nixel

Veteran
Message 7 of 187
Message 7 of 187

Hi Sebastian, nice to meet you.

1. Did you pre-order your Xperia XZ Premium? Yes (Deepsea black)

2. In what country do you live? Poland

3. What was your previous phone? Xperia XZ
  4. What do you like most about your new phone? Did not receive it yet, I hope for much better camera, I would like to see totally new camera app, someone who worked on new panorama app did it great. I would like to see other camera apps to be improved as well: 4K (intelligent stabilisation + 60fps), creative effects (why 2MPx only? It is heating XZ a lot), background defocus (again only 2MPx), In auto mode we can adjust the color and brightness, why we do not have it in manual mode? I mean these sliders. Also it is hidden in the settings while I would like to have the option (checkbox) to select whether I want to see it constantly on the main camera app view or not. Please add HDR+. 
    I received it, I like most SCREEN!, battery life, included headphones MDR-100ABN and design/build quality (glass on the back is back!). 
  5. Occasionally we contact end-users for the purpose of product development. Would this be of interest to you? Yes! Definitely.

Sebastian, is the guy who worked on new panorama app still working for Sony mobile? 
    Thank you. 
One time poster
Message 8 of 187
Message 8 of 187

I didn't pre order it but got it as an upgrade on day 1 of release.

I live in the UK 

My previous phones have been the iPhone before moving to the Xperia z2 then z5 compact and now the xz premium.

The xz premium is a massive jump in quality on your previous models.  In fact I don't think there is another phone out there at the moment that is as good.  I love the integration of Hi res audio which dramatically improves music quality via my Sony Bluetooth headphones.  I think the screen is absolutely stunning and hope Sony can work with other partners to improve the availability of mobile 4k content

And yes happy to be contacted 

Enthusiast
Message 9 of 187
Message 9 of 187

Day 1 with my XZP

Coming from a Xperia X after i smashed it into bits Slightly smiling Face Still gutted actually becuase I loved the X.

However the XZP feels like a completley different phone. Amazing display and super responsive. Battery has been pretty good so far too.

It is much larger than the X imo and it feels awkward to hold it in one hand. The X felt very nice to hold in your hand as a comparison.

I have got the chrome one and I have to say I am cleaning it every 5 mins as it leaves prints and marks everywhere. I think I am going to change it to the black one.

So far so good.

Enthusiast
Message 10 of 187
Message 10 of 187

*Update: I returned the Chrome one and replaced with Black.

Black is much better color choice imo.