account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

XZ Premium owners - Your initial impression

One time poster
Message 161 of 187
Message 161 of 187

Re: XZ Premium owners - Your initial impression

Exellent Phone, i set it to 4k resolution and replaced the crashing dialer.

Things you can do better: smaller bezels, better low light performance of camera, i'm sorry but the google pixel and iphone 8 have an advantage here. The loudspeakers coud be a little bit louder. 

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 162 of 187
Message 162 of 187

Hey everyone ;-)

• Did you pre-order your Xperia XZ Premium?
    No, I did not; just got it yesterday!

• In what country do you live?
    Germany .

• What was your previous phone?
    I've been using an S7 Edge by Samsung for over one year...
  • What do you like most about your new phone?
    The amazing PERFORMANCE - it's a million times faster than my S7 Edge (even after a hard reset) was. Especially multitasking. Never had such a snappy phone before; gonna sell my "old" phone Slightly smiling Face
  • Occasionally we contact end-users for the purpose of product development. Would this be of interest to you? Actually yes ;-)

Message 163 of 187
Message 163 of 187

No, I was still under contract when the phone was released. 

UK

Google Nexus 6p
    The camera is fantastic, 4k screen and as many have said the performance. 
  • Occasionally we contact end-users for the purpose of product development. Would this be of interest to you? Yes it would. 

One time poster
Message 164 of 187
Message 164 of 187

I didn't pre order.

I like that the phone has 4k and slow motion video, USB C and 4gb ram. 

However, some really basic features were left out and they were really popular. 

Double tap to wake, screen recording and photo widget. 

Even the smart connect app has been downgraded, no option to turn off data connection!!! 

Such a shame. 

Inhabitant
Message 165 of 187
Message 165 of 187

1. Did you pre-order your Xperia XZ Premium? No

2. In what country do you live? england

3. What was your previous phone? Z5 Premium
  4. What do you like most about your new phone?  Camera
  5. Occasionally we contact end-users for the purpose of product development. Would this be of interest to you? Yes
    CUrrently prefer the z5 premium for features and usability and will probably go back to it
One time poster
Message 166 of 187
Message 166 of 187

In linea di massima un buon cellulare,  se si va nel dettaglio ci sono delle cose da migliorare, prendo come esempio la fotocamera,  ottima per foto di giorno,  mentre con poca luce perde notevolmente in qualità, credo che si dovrebbero migliorare gli ISO,  come avete fatto nelle fotocamere che siete diventati leader 

In general, a good phone, if you go into detail there are things to improve, I take as an example the camera, great for day photos, while with little light loses significantly in quality, I think we should improve the ISO, as you have done in cameras that you have become a leader

GT

Learner
Message 167 of 187
Message 167 of 187

2. In what country do you live? Australia 

3. What was your previous phone? Windows Nokia 830
  4. What do you like most about your new phone? The display quality
  5. Occasionally we contact end-users for the purpose of product development. Would this be of interest to you? No

It may just be me; but I'm being this very buggy and apps constantly freeze or crash. Finding it hard to justify the $950 I paid for it so far. 

One time poster
Message 168 of 187
Message 168 of 187

No

Australia .

Microsoft 930
    Phone design, features
  • Occasionally we contact end-users for the purpose of product development. Would this be of interest to you? Yes
Talent
Message 169 of 187
Message 169 of 187

2. In what country do you live? United Kingdom

3. What was your previous phone? Z5 premium
  4. What do you like most about your new phone?  
  5. yes YOU CAN MOST CERTAINLY contact me anytime!

i LIKE THE 4k hdr DISPLAY and most of all the SPEED of the phone in all aspects (apart from bootup) its fast in all other aspects and i have compared to EVERY other manufacturer's flagship phone of 2017. It is faster than ALL of them. Games and applications load faster-goodness knows what you have done to optimise the O/S but it beats the laggy Samsung S*+ and even the IPHONE X in terms of speed. I love it!

The next I am a music audiophile and I love to play HIGH RES FLAC files and i love your standars  Sony music app on the phone.

For better sound I have purchased a DRAGONFLY BLACK 1.5 and am oputputting through the USB PORT!

THIN GS to improve.

The sony cameras software and image optimisation needs improvement. The image optimisation software does TOO MUCH work leaving images grainy in low-light conditions. Sony you have a BRILLIANT CENSOR but the optmisation software is too eager!

Your marketing! The SAMSUNG phones (apart from Bezel size) are SLOWER THAN YOURS-MUCH SLOWER and lack a true 4k hdr display yet Samsung sell 1000 flag ship phones for every 100 of yours. Reason is Sony do not spend on MARKETING. YOur phone is so good but ONLY TRUE TECHIES know about your phone.

FOR NUMPTIES Peopel go for samsun and they nice display

TECHIES or those who really know their phones go for the faster XZ Premium.

You need to SPEND MORE on marketing to appeal to the masses.

Last thing Smaller Bezels would be a nice please.

DONT GET RID of the 3.5mm headphone jack either!

Learner
Message 170 of 187
Message 170 of 187

1. Nope. Bought a refurbished model. 

2. Denmark

3. LG v10
  4. It's fast . Battery life is awesome. I love the Ultra Stamina mode. 
  5. I might be.
  6. (what I don't like) It's way too slippery and feel like it's constantly about to fall out of my hand. The headphone audio sounds a bit boring and less detailed compared to my v10 (may you bootloop in peace). In all fairness the audio does sound a lot better when plaplay DSD files, compared to high res flac. There's no practical / official way to unlock the bootloader and subsequently root. The camera app uses waaaay to much noise reduction; it's unusable even in somewhat low light. Camera API2 isn't supported. Too much bloatware. It's unstable, apps crash regularly. I would like to choose what is shown in 4K, even if my battery hurts.