Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.
It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.
2017-08-17 04:21 PM
Had a couple days with my XZ-P and I am over all satisfied with the product. I am a student and work in the health care field, so I'm on my device all day. I previously used the Blackberry Passport, which right off the bat I missed some unappreciated features. My biggest gripe is with the LED notification (it's not big, it's not bright, I don't get the colors I've set), sounds is very poor (unless your in a silent room), battery life cuts it to close for comfort (definitely need to have charger nearby).
Did you pre-order your Xperia XZ Premium? No
In what country do you live? U.S.A
2017-08-18 05:21 PM
Did you pre-order your Xperia XZ Premium?No
In what country do you live?Netherlands
2017-08-22 04:00 PM
Did you pre-order your Xperia XZ Premium? Yes
In what country do you live? Malaysia
2017-08-23 02:46 PM
Let's get to it.
Did you pre-order your Xperia XZ Premium? No, my husband surprised me with one a couple of days ago. 🙃😃
In what country do you live? New Zealand
- What was your previous phone? I had an Xperia X, really sleek. Prior to it, a Z2. And the S. (long story. Anyway.)
- What do you like most about your new phone? I love the size. I'm seriously considering dropping my tablet and do everything here. Super fast. BUT. (and that's a question that should be here) I find that the phone heats up quite significantly at times. To the point of getting uncomfortable. But that's a 48hr assessment. And it only happened for the first time today. So before I write it off I'm going to monitor it a bit closely. Otherwise I'm in love with it.
- Occasionally we contact end-users for the purpose of product development. Would this be of interest to you? Why not? I love being the odd beta tester.
2017-08-24 02:56 AM
I just got mine yesterday.
Overall I'm more impressed than I thought I would be with the design is much nicer in person than the reviews show.
However the phone is extremely hard to use single handed with a case on it.
My previous phone was the Xperia z5 before that was the Z3 I also live in Australia.
I prefer it over the z5 almost instantly the software runs much smoother naturally the phone itself doesn't get to hot unlike the z5.
My main pain point is flashing firmware currently I can't do it with flashtool and there's no ETA on when that's coming personally I hate the add ons Telcos do to Android so that's a big pain for me
2017-08-25 02:45 PM
3. Galaxy S6 Edge. Galaxy S8+ for a week, then returned back to the store due to pink screen edges.
4. See below
USB-C Power Delivery; saw it charging at about 9V/1.5A from a macbook power adapter.
I expected USB-C DisplayPort alt mode support, but it's not there.
The camera is a disappointment; shots are not as sharp as my S6 did. And there's NO RAW support.
But video recording capabilities are impressive.
The screen looks pale in comparison with the S6's AMOLED. I prefer AMOLED for it's deepest contrast.
Fonts look not as clear as on S6 due to lower effective resolution. Add a 4k UI option.
Sony and HTC seems the only manufacturers that care about the Android timestamp bug, but this time there are still issues related to timestamps. I reported them in this forum.
There is a number of translation bugs. I reported them in this forum.
Built-in SIP support.
Live geo-tag sign in the Camera app.
Less bloatware than in Samsung devices.
Well known Miracast and Google cast instead of unknown 'SmartView'.
No a must-have scroll capture feature. Already filed a feature request in this forum.
The fingerprint reader is unstable and sometimes doesn't recognize all registered fingers; this ends up in entering the password. S6's FPR works great. Already reported the bug in this forum.
The Weather app is an adware. S6's Weather is the best.
The Alarm clock shows 'Snoozed since' that is much less convenient than 'Snoozed to' would be. S6's Alarm app is the best.
The notification LED might be bigger.
Having stereo speakers is great.
Naming media files as DSC_nnnn and MOV_nnnn is inconvenient because the numbers in names start over when I move the files out of the phone. After that I cannot incrementally move new files to the same external location because of name collisions. Name the files using the date of shot.
Hybrid SD-card + SIM2 slot. Are you kidding? If you cannot add a separate SD slot, then offer more internal storage for 2 SIM users.
Too slow encryption on SD card. Already reported a bug in this forum.
When SD encryption is enabled, external USB storage is refused. This looks like a pure software limitation that lazy developers did just to not determine which device nodes have to be mounted without encryption.
Many LTE bands that is good for travelling. LTE Cat.16. VoLTE support.
Open devices program.
No way to return back to factory state after flashing custom ROMs.
Up to 4 reboots in a row when inserting a SIM card into the SIM1 slot. And finally one more reboot to apply carrier's settings.
The 'small' display size option is not small enough. Already requested in this forum.
An unexpected reboot may happen when an app opens the camera.
2017-08-25 02:59 PM - edited 2017-08-25 03:01 PM
Did you pre-order your Xperia XZ Premium? No
In what country do you live? Bulgaria
2017-08-25 03:53 PM - edited 2017-08-25 04:15 PM
what do you mean by "Weather app is adware"? I don't remember it showing any ads.
The app comes with a built-in web browser. And when you tap the "EXTENDED FORECAST" button, an accuweather page with Google ads is opened in this browser. In contrast Samsung's Weather app shows all the information without opening a browser and has a nice look.
2017-09-01 09:17 AM - edited 2017-09-01 09:19 AM
first of all Kudos to you and the team for doing such an outstanding job with the XZ Premium! So far I absolutely love my Xperia
Regarding your questions:
1. Did you pre-order your Xperia XZ Premium?
2. In what country do you live?
3. What was your previous phone?
iPhone 7 Plus
4. What do you like most about your new phone?
• The absolutely stunning 4K HDR display (love watching appropriate content on Amazon Prime and Netflix while commuting!)
• Hi-Res Audio in conjunction with my MDR-NC750 Hi-Res Audio in-ears (sex for the ears ;D)
• The gorgeous camera & video recording + Super Slow Motion (It's BRILLIANT!)
• Xperia Actions, Xperia Home, Xperia Lounge <3
• Sony apps like Movie Creator, Background Defocus, Sony Support, TrackID, Music Center & the PlayStation app suite (please bring back the full TV & SideView experience...!)
• The Fingerprint sensor on the right hand side of the device - so much better than how it's placed on the iPhone!
• Last but not least the devices absolutely amazing case and finish. I just can't stop looking at it and touching it (Deepsea Black) I use the official SCSG10 case so no fingerprint issues on the back for me, but even on the front I don't have a mess of fingerprints like others reported. I don't use hand cream or touch it with sticky fingers tho
5. Occasionally we contact end-users for the purpose of product development. Would this be of interest to you?
Keep up the good work guys! I haven't missed my iPhone 7 Plus since I got my XZ Premium! I'm a minimalist top to bottom and the whole Sony style just fits perfectly to my personal taste and likes!