account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

XZ Premium owners - Your initial impression

Highlighted
Learner
Message 101 of 187
Message 101 of 187

Re: XZ Premium owners - Your initial impression

Changing the system font would be nice instead of the horrid one that is forced upon us all.

Regards

Adviser
Message 102 of 187
Message 102 of 187

1. Did you pre-order your Xperia XZ Premium? No. But did wait nearly 6 months to be eligible for upgrade and was hoping for z6

2. In what country do you live? Uk

3. What was your previous phone? Z3
  4. What do you like most about your new phone? Not enough. Some of the functionality of the Z3 hasn't been incorporated. Performance is better.. Especially battery but most of the Web and gaming functions do not work on WiFi unless it's at 5 bars, see angry birds 2 and diggy. I have already turned wifi off more times since I owned this phone in a month than I did in 2.5 years with my Z3. Also the screen mirroring is terrible. This is a very important function for me as I screen mirror to watch BT sports. The missing record video option from lock screen disappointing and still not found out how to sort apps alphabetically. I'm waiting for an update as the differential between this and lower models is not enough. 
  5. Occasionally we contact end-users for the purpose of product development. Would this be of interest to you? Yes. Totally. 150%
Regular
Message 103 of 187
Message 103 of 187

Yes, with MDR-1000X champagne
Czechia
Honor 5X
Fast CPU Q835, LDAC sound transfer
Yes
Tooooooooo much :/
Bad SW (older UI, non-premium function), Camera (NO-RAW!!!!!!!, camera is totaly idiots simply, no manual settings, artefacts, NO-Optical stabilization !!!!), overheating, plastic edges, unreliable fingerprint reader, no QuickCharge 4.0, no wireless charging (though its big phone), no official support VR glasses (only possible use of 4K display), impossibility of choice resolution (4K / 1080p), PRICE.. (without presellers 1000Xs headphones is price  high), LED DIODE IS TOTALY LOW LIGHT, my 100$ phone is 400% brighter !!!!!!!!!! (I tested this via DSLR)

Learner
Message 104 of 187
Message 104 of 187

Nope. Was waiting until i was able to upgrade.

U.k.

Galaxy note 4

4k screen, super slowmo recording.

Dunno?

Apprentice
Message 105 of 187
Message 105 of 187

Crappy phone. Some people have problems with an unreiable touchscreen and no reaction from Sony regarding the issue. This issue makes the Phone unusable.

Rookie
Message 106 of 187
Message 106 of 187

1. Hai preordinato il tuo Xperia XZ Premium?                                  SI

2. In quale paese vivi? ITALIA. 

3. Qual è stato il tuo telefono precedente? LG G PRO E986 (IMPECCABILE). 
  4. Quello che ti piace piu del tuo nuovo telefono?                           VELOCITA ', DISPLAY, INTELLIGENZA. 
  5. Occasionalmente contattiamo gli utenti finali per lo sviluppo del prodotto. Sarà interessante per te? Sì. 
  6. Che cosa è maschio? ALBUM FOTO DISPERSIVO, RESTO OK.

Adviser
Message 107 of 187
Message 107 of 187

I guess I'm still in the honey moon phase but so far I've been really liking it. This is my first Xperia phone by the way. 

The biggest issues I have is the

-camera controls

The camera app really needs to be better optimized for control. 

-the lack of control for switching resolution.

I really wish I can use 2k or 4k just for normal usage. It would be extremely helpful to be able to control which programs or instances

-earphone audio coming out really weak.

For some reason the volume is really low. Coming from a Samsung Phone, my ears really hurt whenever I accidentally have the volume at max. On XZ Premium's case, the max volume for this phone is like Samsung's safety threshold.

Overall, very solid phone. Though I hope one day Sony realizes the potential they have for their phones. I really am into gaming and having native DS4 controller support and a solid specs made me jump ship to Xperia. I hope in the future they realize the potential these have for pushing their gaming division further. 

Cheers

Message 108 of 187
Message 108 of 187

@Madthane wrote:

I guess I'm still in the honey moon phase but so far I've been really liking it. This is my first Xperia phone by the way. 

The biggest issues I have is the

-camera controls

The camera app really needs to be better optimized for control. 

-the lack of control for switching resolution.

I really wish I can use 2k or 4k just for normal usage. It would be extremely helpful to be able to control which programs or instances

-earphone audio coming out really weak.

For some reason the volume is really low. Coming from a Samsung Phone, my ears really hurt whenever I accidentally have the volume at max. On XZ Premium's case, the max volume for this phone is like Samsung's safety threshold.

Overall, very solid phone. Though I hope one day Sony realizes the potential they have for their phones. I really am into gaming and having native DS4 controller support and a solid specs made me jump ship to Xperia. I hope in the future they realize the potential these have for pushing their gaming division further. 

Cheers

what build number you're currently on (Settings > About phone > Build number)? because the latest one is 45.0.A.7.90 and it seems to have increased audio volume.

Adviser
Message 109 of 187
Message 109 of 187

I just checked and yes they did fix it. Wasn't able to update a few days ago. It sounds dandy now. 

Another thing I forgot to add was they needed to bring back tap to wake function. I remember a friend of mine having an Xperia with those function.  I get kind of annoyed that you have to press the button on the right to wake it up. It gets more inconvenient when I just want to change my music or just check what's on my lockscreen. If not I wish there was some way to wake the device other than pressing the phsysical button and automatically triggering the finger print scan. 

Anyway I hope they address this soon. 

Adviser
Message 110 of 187
Message 110 of 187

1. Did you pre-order your Xperia XZ Premium? No. There weren't any good pre-order bonuses in the USA. Bought like-new, second-hand.

2. In what country do you live? USA

3. What was your previous phone? Using it as a back-up device to an Galaxy S7 G930U and Pixel XL.
  4. What do you like most about your new phone? Design. Software support. UI performance.
  5. Occasionally we contact end-users for the purpose of product development. Would this be of interest to you? Absolutely. I'd love to be involved.

Dislike? Being forced to flash different FW for fingerprint functionality. Audio quality via 3.5mm jack is a bit too low. Camera is one of the best Sony units ever, but still lags behind competitors.

Thanks!