account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

XZ Premium owners - Your initial impression

One time poster
Message 91 of 187
Message 91 of 187

Re: XZ Premium owners - Your initial impression

• Did you pre-order your Xperia XZ Premium? No, got it a few weeks ago

• In what country do you live? Australia 

• What was your previous phone? Samsung Galaxy S5
  • What do you like most about your new phone?  Great display, nice camera, good performance (when working properly) 
  • Unfortunately, this phone starts to become laggy and basically unusable after a non-specific amount of time, usually sometime within a day of continuous operation, and needs to be restarted. Since this issue became apparent I've read about many other users experiencing the same issue, it's disappointing, as the phone generally portrays the 'premium' feel, however having to reboot your phone to call someone back because your phone was freezing up when you tried to answer it (along with other frustrating situations) really detracts from this. Really hoping there is an update coming soon to resolve these issues, as it's a great phone otherwise and I'm a fan of Sony products. 
  • Occasionally we contact end-users for the purpose of product development. Would this be of interest to you? Yes, please contact me. 

Message 92 of 187
Message 92 of 187

@MattyBlight wrote:
  • Unfortunately, this phone starts to become laggy and basically unusable after a non-specific amount of time, usually sometime within a day of continuous operation, and needs to be restarted. Since this issue became apparent I've read about many other users experiencing the same issue, it's disappointing, as the phone generally portrays the 'premium' feel, however having to reboot your phone to call someone back because your phone was freezing up when you tried to answer it (along with other frustrating situations) really detracts from this. Really hoping there is an update coming soon to resolve these issues, as it's a great phone otherwise and I'm a fan of Sony products.

that's weird, I usually reboot my phone about once a week and I haven't experienced any slowdowns. sounds like some app might be misbehaving.

Visitor
Message 93 of 187
Message 93 of 187

1. Did you pre-order your Xperia XZ Premium? Yes

2. In what country do you live? Norway

3. What was your previous phone? Z3
  4. What do you like most about your new phone? Enjoyed most of it untill this evening. Four hours ago the screen froze as I was going to watch a snap. The screen has been frozen since. The phone does not react to me pressing any of the buttons. Also tried removing the SIM-card. The battery was on 93% when it froze. Tried also to charge it. Still no reaction. Now just waiting for it to run out of battery. Planing to return it to the shop where I bought it tomorrow. I have been a faithful customer and only bought Ericsson and later Sony Ericcson phones since for almost two decades. Never had a problem before and am very dissapopinted now.
  5. Occasionally we contact end-users for the purpose of product development. Would this be of interest to you? Very much so.
Adviser
Message 94 of 187
Message 94 of 187

1.I did not preorder XZP.

2.Poland.

3.Moto X Play.

4.Extraordinary Super Slow Motion mode that could give an insight into what happens when a little bird is starting to its flight from a fence with ist super fast speed, or how fast a bee is waving its wings. SSM could show you things that are hidden for you eyes. I also like fluid zooming in video playback and the video at 1080p60, also the physical shutter release that help to shoot pictures when you have a ...baby in other hand and only one at your disposal. HDR screen with amazing colours is also what i like: i've tried to catch a sun on a leaves before a strom with a shadow of a cloud in the background and it was really beautyfull. I have seen it later on my FHD laptop's screen and the picture lost its magic. It is more pleasent and easy to use XZP than to use RX100 as a foto device.

5.Could be.

Learner
Message 95 of 187
Message 95 of 187

2 ksa

3 iphone

4 system speed

but o wish imaging timelapse😢😢

5 of course

Apprentice
Message 96 of 187
Message 96 of 187

1 Not pre ordered 

2 Belgium 

3 Samsung galaxy S7 Edge + Samsung Galaxy Note 4 

4 System speed/UI. Screen is really nice, also premium build quality. Software is generally good and lag free, . 

Camera is really good and I have been impressed with battery life/screen on time. 

5 yes

6 only thing not working is do no disturb mode 😕do not know if it's a common problem or not. 

Regular
Message 97 of 187
Message 97 of 187

1: no

2: Italy

3: iPhone 6s plus

4: design, build quality, fluid software

5: of course I am interested!

Learner
Message 98 of 187
Message 98 of 187

1. Did you pre-order your Xperia XZ Premium? No.
  2. In what country do you live? Australia.
  3. What was your previous phone? iPhone 5S.
  4. What do you like most about your new phone?
    • Design. Great looking phone that stands out from the rest
    • 2 stage camera button
    • Sony's Android skin is minimalistic and well implemented
    • Performance and speed is incredible
  5. Occasionally we contact end-users for the purpose of product development. Would this be of interest to you? Yes.
One time poster
Message 99 of 187
Message 99 of 187

Did you pre-order your Xperia XZ Premium? Yes, I did

In what country do you live? Thailand

What was your previous phone? Xperia XZ

What do you like most about your new phone?

- the speed & stability: previous phone needed multiple seconds to build up the startup screen and sometimes even lost the settings (so I had to recreate folders & apps on a weekly basis)

- when taking pictures & video clips, the previous phone ran hot after a few seconds and went in reduced functionality. The current one keeps it up without overheating

- the battery holds up the whole day, ven with extensive use.

- the only phone that I can use with my DJI Mavic, and shows the footage in 4k without framedrops

Occasionally we contact end-users for the purpose of product development. Would this be of interest to you?   yes

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 100 of 187
Message 100 of 187

1...no

2...US

3...Samsung note5

4...display

5...sure