account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

XZ Premium display graphics problem

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

XZ Premium display graphics problem

Hello

Today I woke up and found my Xperia XZ Premium with completely messed up and distorted display full of lines, tiny pixels and bad graphics (please check photos attached). Does someone had a similar issue? Is this software or hardware issue? Should I take it to the local service? The phone is still under warranty.

Thank you for your help.

IMG-20190612-WA0002.jpgIMG-20190612-WA0000.jpg

1 REPLY 1
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: XZ Premium display graphics problem

Hi @TomVreklo, I am sorry to hear about this.

I am afraid that it is quite hard to say whether this is caused by the software in the phone or if it is the hardware that is malfunctioning from a distance.

The first thing that i would suggest that you do is to try to perform a software repair using a computer and Xperia Companion. Please note though that a software repair will erase all user data, so remember to do a backup of your user data first. 

If you have performed a software repair and the lines on the display remains as before the repair I suggest that you get in contact with your local support team in order to have the phone sent to an authorized service center. If you have any questions regarding the service, such as routines, warranty and consumer laws, these type of questions are best answered by your local support team as well, as they vary between markets.

Try this and let me know how it goes! 

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.