account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XZ Premium constant freezing and lag after.

Apprentice
Message 1 of 57
Message 1 of 57

XZ Premium constant freezing and lag after.

Hi just got my phone 2 weeks ago.

After I charged it over night just at the start of the second week the phone failed to unlock after pressing different buttons. 

Finally it unlocked but was incredibly laggy. Now I'm finding at random times of the day when I haven't been operating the phone it lags really badly and fails to unlock again. 

Couldn't even type into the keyboard with out the phone freezing up and then releasing its self after about 10 seconds. 

Finding I'm having to restart the phone every time this happens. 

Has any body else had this issue happen to them and is there a way to fix this? 

Thanks. 

56 REPLIES
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 57
Message 2 of 57

Re: XZ Premium constant freezing and lag after.

Hi @Sebjs, welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear about this sad

How soon after restarting the phone do you notice this issue?

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Apprentice
Message 3 of 57
Message 3 of 57

It's a bit all over the place. Notice it the most after charging the device, but this morning just did it as I woke up. Phone hadn't been used since 11:00 the night before didn't go onto charge, picked it up at about 10 to go through messages and reply and started playing up again. 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 57
Message 4 of 57

Try starting your phone in safe mode and see if it does the same thing. This is so we can test to see if the issue is caused by third party apps or not.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Apprentice
Message 5 of 57
Message 5 of 57

Thanks will check it tonight when I get home. 

Will update. 

Thanks! 

Rookie
Message 6 of 57
Message 6 of 57

I'm experiencing the same issue, had done a factory reset and only installed a couple of apps to test and still persists. Phone will seriously lag at least once a day and force me to reboot.

Will also lag on some web pages causing me to close and restart the app. Only 2 weeks old also. 

Build #45.0.A.1.229. Australia via Optus. 

Learner
Message 7 of 57
Message 7 of 57

Exact same problem here (also 45.0.A.1.229).  Phone will become very laggy and unresponsive at completely random times.  Sometimes it returns to normal after about 5 - 10 mins while other times the only solution is to perform a restart.

Installed Simple System Monitor from the app store to see what was going on and when this happens, 1 CPU core is maxed to 100% the entire time.

I'm in Australia, also on Optus.

Edit: If there is any way of seeing apps by CPU usage (I understand Google removed this in 7.0/7.1) we would be able to know for certain what is causing it.

One time poster
Message 8 of 57
Message 8 of 57

Hi all,

Same problem here. Basically I have 1-3 sudden lags with my phone everyday and I can only reboot it most of the time. I feel like this started to happen right after one update from Sony, but I am not really sure yet.

I got my phone from Sony Hong Kong. Will definitely appreciate any solutions, as I am feeling a bit annoyed about this already.

Thanks a lot!

Adviser
Message 9 of 57
Message 9 of 57

Yes, I had too encountered this issue on my XZ premium as well.

It would just suddenly start to slow down to a crawl and become extremely unresponsive until you have to do a restart. Sometimes it will just do it when it was just in my pocket without doing anything and when that happens, the phone feels warm.

Frequency of occurence: random, can be within few days/a week

Model: G8142, Customized SG

Build: 45.0.A.7.90

Rookie
Message 10 of 57
Message 10 of 57

I'm the same, xperia xz premium on optus.. Every night after a charge phone freezes and very laggy, it's not usable.. Have to restart to fix.. This is crazy if I have to do this every morning.