account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

XZ Premium constant freezing and lag after.

Message 21 of 64
Message 21 of 64

Re: XZ Premium constant freezing and lag after.

New firmware out this evening 45.0.A.7.90, which is a system update (not just security patch).

Just installed this minute, not sure on what the update contains.. let's see how this goes... (Optus, Australia)

Message 22 of 64
Message 22 of 64

@DoubleTrouble wrote:

New firmware out this evening 45.0.A.7.90, which is a system update (not security patch).

Just installed this minute, not sure on what the update contains.. let's see how this goes... (Optus, Australia)

it actually IS a security patch, mostly. it updates security level to July 2017 and fixes couple minor bugs.

Message 23 of 64
Message 23 of 64

@najodleglejszy wrote:

@DoubleTrouble wrote:

New firmware out this evening 45.0.A.7.90, which is a system update (not security patch).

it actually IS a security patch, mostly. it updates security level to July 2017 and fixes couple minor bugs.

(edit:not just security)
Any ideas as to what the minor bug changes are? Change logs are hard to come by though I did hear speculation some changes included WiFi, volume and carrier adjustments nothing concrete tho.
Learner
Message 24 of 64
Message 24 of 64

Seems to be a few people on Optus in this thread that are having this issue (me included) so I'm starting to think that it's something they've installed on the phone.  

I can confirm that 45.0.A.7.90 does not fix the issue (nor does updating the Movie Creator app) as it's still ocurring for me.  I've just disabled the MyOptus app to see if that has any impact.

Message 25 of 64
Message 25 of 64

Hi I too am having the same issue

I have an AU region non carrier phone G8141 July Security patch  build 45.0.A.7.90 with random slow downs to today total lock up and had to force reboot the phone VolUP+power button.

Gsam battery monitor agin shows 100% CPU usage during the lock up.
Seems to be less random when not in case(sony leather semi active case).

The total lock up happen to day it was sitting in my pocket after an 1 of music streaming over BT then switching to the car kit.

Its very random not always after charge phone is warm during the slow down

I have tried a Sony repair and it has not worked.

Rookie
Message 26 of 64
Message 26 of 64

I also am experiencing these issues on the new xperia xz premium and also another Optus customer - there must be a link between these issues and Optus. 

Upgraded with new system update yesterday and no improvement. Phone appears to freeze up most commonly after it has not been used for a few hours. Some of the symptoms include: frustratingly slow response, connection drops out (wifi or carrier), noticable overheating, displays error messages about apps not responding. As all of you have already reported the only way to fix this is to restart the phone which is extremely incovenient when you really need to use the phone for something. 

I have now installed Simple System Monitor app to track usage and disabled the Optus app. I find it strange that the Optus app cannot be uninstalled, only disabled. CPU usage now approx 20% and RAM 50%. RAM seems high given that no apps are running? 

I want to love this phone, have owned the Z3 for 2 years prior to this one which was an awesome device. 

Message 27 of 64
Message 27 of 64

I doubt it would be the Optus App. I have carrier free OS and installed the my Optus App but the U11 is Optus ROm and does not get these slow downs.

Highlighted
Adept
Message 28 of 64
Message 28 of 64

I had the same issue but I found that it is due to a 3rd party app I installed. After I uninstalled it, the phone is smooth and no lag at all. I suggest you to find the app that is causing this problem. 

Message 29 of 64
Message 29 of 64

["I had the same issue but I found that it is due to a 3rd party app I installed"]

Which app was it for you?

Adept
Message 30 of 64
Message 30 of 64

[Which app was it for you?]

I had MyJio app. It is a mobile network provider's app in India. The app might not be optimised for this phone.

Try restarting your phone in safe mode and see whether the lag is still there. For me there was no lag in safe mode so I uninstalled this app to make it smooth