account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

XZ Premium cannot reconnect to WiFi after Oreo

Enthusiast
Message 21 of 136
Message 21 of 136

Re: Wifi Issues Oreo / Xperia-XZ-Premium

The same iussue here. At work, with 2 different wifi network it works perfectly. But at home it's very unstable. Sometimes xz can not find any network. The differences from work and home are: at work each modem have the original security setting and password. At home (1 adsl with its modem wifi and 1 wifi router donwstairs) i changed ofc the password (the same for each wifi). Can be something about this?

Inhabitant
Message 22 of 136
Message 22 of 136

Dont know, personally I have found it unstable on a few diff networks with diff security, wep, wpa etc etc. The two main wifi networks I use are rock solid on multiple other devices and many other people use both yet issues with stability on the xzp post oreo. When it goes screwy the only fix is reboot. Please log it with Sony via their support line, email or chat. 

Inhabitant
Message 23 of 136
Message 23 of 136

Ok narrowing this bug down. If you turn off mobile data entirely when on a wifi network it appears to be stable. (well at the moment anyway). 

The bug is something to do with the phone handing over to mobile data or trying to and everything goes screwy. So for the moment when using wifi I turn off mobile data and wifi seems okay. (And yes I have turned off the aggressive handover to mobile data in the developer options). When I leave the wifi network I turn wifi off and mobile data on.

This is a pain but its stable so far. 

So if anyone from Sony who cares is reading this can you get one of your techies in a room and get them to look at the handover between wifi and mobile networks as the bug appears to be there. By the way have googled this fix and some Google Pixel users with Oreo are using this fix so it supports my theory!!

Sony please get on it and if someone from Sony reading this could post and confirm they are looking at this it would be much appreciated and badly needed!!

This is your top end phone and it needs fixing!! 

Apprentice
Message 24 of 136
Message 24 of 136

Yep, I have this problem too, my phone will find my neighbour's wifi, but not mine and I'm sat 1 meter away from it. On the odd chance it does find it and connect, it says no internet.

My work wifi is fine, but not home and it's been like this for a few days now. 

Is there a link to log a complaint anywhere?

Message 25 of 136
Message 25 of 136

Re: XZ Premium cannot reconnect to WiFi after Oreo

I'm having the same issue what I do is turn the phone WiFi off and turn it on again sometimes I have to do it several times until it recognizes the saved WiFi, also my apps do not open on mobile data, like Whatsapp, Telegram, and some games, also there is a problem trying to pair a PS4 controller some times it work great and sometimes not. I regret so much to have upgraded my phone to Oreo since it was working perfectly but now I have to use another phone, waiting for these people to fix it, what's the point on buying this phone if I can't even use it. It is time we as custumers ask them to implement a downgrade in the Sony PC Companion every time that an update is launched it has several problems, at least we should be allowed to go back to previous versions until they lunch a stable update, we are praying pfor the phones it is not fair they put us on a waiting line until they find what's the problem and we have to wait like a fools, if they do not know if the version is stable they should put it as beta so the people that don't want to wait for a stable version can install it instead of putting the whole customers in trouble.

Message 26 of 136
Message 26 of 136

I had problems with the mobile data and with the WiFi as well to fix the mobile data problem I had to enter the network configuration manually, once done I started to have more trouble with the WiFi Now it doesn't connect t the 2.4GHz signal not even turning mobile data off, thanks God I have a 5GHz signal and I can connect to that signal but not all the time I have to reboot the phone when it doesn't recognize the signal. As we are many people having this issue and Sony does not want to take responsibility over its flaws I tink it is time for all of us to join and sue Sony since the phones aren't free and we paid nearly a thousand dollars and we get nothing from them not even the minimum respect they launch the last OS like a good product but every time there is an update we pay the consequences, not anymore I'm tired of this, also I agree the bug is between the Mobile Internet Data and WiFi also there are some minor bugs with the Bluetooth trying to pair a PS4 Controller so the bugs are in the wirless protocols. 

One time poster
Message 27 of 136
Message 27 of 136

I have problems with wifi dropping aswell but my problem has been there since I got the phone. It got a bit better after oreo update where the wifi seems to drop less frequently than before. 

One time poster
Message 28 of 136
Message 28 of 136

I have the same problem after updating to oreo. Also experience problems with the phone app wich reacts very slowly...

One time poster
Message 29 of 136
Message 29 of 136

The same happens to me. Since you upgrade to Oreo, DO NOT connect to Wifi! I already tried everything and it does not connect! My phone is disabled! What I can do? I HATE OREO !!

Lo mismo me pasa a mi. Desde que actualice a Oreo, NO conecta a Wifi! Ya probé todo y no se conecta! Mi teléfono está inutilizado! Qué puedo hacer? ODIO OREO!!

@Tonytech69

I've edited your post as this is an English only forum, you can use Google Translate to reply and/or post. 

Apprentice
Message 30 of 136
Message 30 of 136

First time getting unable to connect to (home) wifi today. Had to do a complete reboot to get wifi connection back. Sony please fix!