account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

XZ Premium cannot reconnect to WiFi after Oreo

Adviser
Message 131 of 136
Message 131 of 136

Re: Android 9 WiFi problem

I have the compilation .33 and wifi is dropping every 5 o 10 minutes or even more, is stay "connected" but no up/down data unitl an error appears sometimes work turning on/off but but only a restart is a temp fix, everytime is gonna get worst this phone and the updates, so expensive and bad support, bad operating system, is a waste of money..and it has only 11 months of use.

One time poster
Message 132 of 136
Message 132 of 136

Re: XZ Premium cannot reconnect to WiFi after Oreo

Seems like the latest update fixed the overseas router connection issue but created another. Now i cannot log into my TP link powerline wifi. All my other Android and iOS seamlessly connects with no issue. 

Regular
Message 133 of 136
Message 133 of 136

There are other issues with Android 9.0 pie. If you have a call recorder it will no longer work. This is because Google has closed the workaround developers used.

Since I changed my router to a Draytek Vigor2762, I've not had the Wifi connection issue. Netgear and TP-Link had the issue.

Rookie
Message 134 of 136
Message 134 of 136

My Call Recorder still works with Pie?

Regular
Message 135 of 136
Message 135 of 136

Have you checked it records both sides of the conversation? Which call recorder are you using?

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 136 of 136
Message 136 of 136

Yep does both. Call Recorder by Appliqato.com