account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

XZ Premium cannot reconnect to WiFi after Oreo

Visitor
Message 91 of 136
Message 91 of 136

Re: Wifi Issues Oreo / Xperia-XZ-Premium

I noticed by turning off mobile data at home the phone does stay connected to the wifi.

Visitor
Message 92 of 136
Message 92 of 136

Re: Xz premium wifi problems

Yeah I assume the issue is somewhere in the software but unsure as not a tech person. My 4g works perfectly normal just wifi being effected.

Already had 4/5 updates and nothing has fixed the issue.

Makes me want to go back to apple.  As wasn't that issue and they was on the case with these things. 

Enthusiast
Message 93 of 136
Message 93 of 136

Remove 2.4Ghz network from the phone. It seems the XZP cannot deside which network it should use, if there are more than one available.

This cause the phone continously change between the networks. Every time, when network is changed, the internet connection is lost. Removing 2.4Ghz network will prevent this.

Rookie
Message 94 of 136
Message 94 of 136

Thanks how do you remove 2.4 GHz.from the phone. 

Enthusiast
Message 95 of 136
Message 95 of 136

Go to: Settings > Network and Internet >Wi-Fi. Then tap network name which you want to remove and tap "forget". This simply remove logging information, and the phone can't connect.

If your router using 2.4.- and  5Ghz networks with  same ssid, you need to give them different ssid:s. Change of ssid is essential, otherwise XZP interpret them same network regadless the frequency, and that propably cause the problem.

Learner
Message 96 of 136
Message 96 of 136

Re: XZ Premium cannot reconnect to WiFi after Oreo

Im having the same issue. 

Regular
Message 97 of 136
Message 97 of 136

I have the same problem too. It is very disturbing. I cannot restart the phone every time. after ten years I think I am changing the brand. I called xperia support and they told me I have to wait for upgrade and they are aware of that problem. But the question is how long we will have to wait. I am really dissapointed. which firmware do you have, 145 or 179?

SONY get new firmware immediatly or you will loose the loyal fans too. 

One time poster
Message 98 of 136
Message 98 of 136

I'm the same and WIFI keeps dropping, it's so frusrating having to disconnect and reconnect to try get it to work for another few mins. 

I've just had live chat with Sony support and they said its not a known issue!!!! and advise I send phone for repair but need to be without phone for two weeks!

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 99 of 136
Message 99 of 136

I am already without my phone for 3 weeks already...Smiling Face with open mouth & closed Eyes

My local Sony service center still "testing" it...the front desk staff claim there isn't many people reporting this issue thus is not known issue and even advised me to send email to Sony...Angry Face

Which of course I did and am still waiting for reply...

Regular
Message 100 of 136
Message 100 of 136

I did some research. I foud out sony is not the only one with problem. Samung, pixel, oneplus and others has the same problem. It is google or motherboard failure. I called xperia service and they said to me I should bring the phone to service and they will replace the motherboard if necessary but I dont think this will solve the problem.