account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

XZ Premium battery fix!

Rookie
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

XZ Premium battery fix!

So I had try things for the battery life, I think I found the culprit: AVG pro and som other bloatwares that runs in the background. 

I do heavy gaming, browsing, social media, streaming and it only lasts me 4.30 ish max SOT. After disabled avg pro and pop up bloatwares notification, it actually increases the SOT up to 5.30 ish, pretty sure you can achieve more than that easily as heavy gaming drains the battery.

I turn off adaptive brightness, about 50% bright level. Default theme, default notification sound, and only recharge the phone when it hits 15%, i think it actually makes the phone to have more juice to last long

3 REPLIES 3
Genius
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: XZ Premium battery fix!

@Orisguy totally agree.....obviously as you've said your a 'heavy gamer' etc the battery won't last as long....you can go thru all the apps on your phone & whittle out or disable ones that you very rarely use, I often do this. Also as stated decreasing the brightness even slightly does make a difference..... Happy Gaming 😀

One time poster
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

I agree, AVG is a resource hog and virtually useless

Adept
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

what and how exactly did you disable?

because I am trying to get good battery life here its not bad actually, in a straiight run it can do about 5:30-6 hours with heavy usage, but if I rarely use it here and there it just drains thoughout the day to 2:30-3 hours screen on time which clearly indicates some thing is screwing my battery in the BG, so please tell me exactly what apps and functions did you disable?