Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.
It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.
2017-06-02 03:09 PM
To bring clarity to this issue can you please answer these questions (some of them already asked) to make sure that you are both referring to the same problem.
First of all, note that I'm not asking these questions because I'm looking for proof, I'm asking because I want to understand this issue in order to be able to find a proper solution.
The following questions is to make sure we are talking directly to users who can reproduce this issue in order to reproduce it ourselves which is an important first step in order to solve it.
Please answer all questions 1-7, if you don't know the answer, please answer that you don't know.
We really appreciate if you are able to help us out, it makes understanding this issue so much easier!
2017-06-02 04:01 PM
Not sure what the root cause is, I have taken my unit to xperia service center in Hong Kong for inspection, got their approval and returned the unit to my shop. Now waiting for new stock arrival for arranging replacement. I notice that more and more users from Taiwan forum reporting this issue as well. Here are what I know and hope can help to rectify the problem. Please feel free to ask if any point unclear.
1. Yes, I saw it myself after one day of use
2. The frequency varies, usually from several minutes to about thirty minutes when watching the same video
3. Yes, the problem happens in youtube. And also in the built-in video app and some local media streaming app that I have tried as well.
4. I did not use Netflix
5. Yes, I use some local streaming platform like viutv app and the problem also occurs. But I did not heavily test to view the content filmed by the phone itself so no idea about this.
6. As far as I know, the white line flashes in the same exact position like in the video shows
7. I have returned my unit so sorry cannot provide
Thanks for your effort
2017-06-02 06:15 PM - edited 2017-06-02 06:25 PM
2017-06-03 04:02 AM
Did you film and screen record the same video simultaneously? White line only appears in the filmed video but not screen record?
2017-06-03 06:27 AM
Did you film and screen record the same video simultaneously? Yes
White line only appears in the filmed video but not screen record?Yes
2017-06-03 11:04 AM
Thanks a lot for sharing video again @ethanol99!
For comparison the line should have appeared 1.00 to 1.03 in the screenshot. True?
I got a little confused by rotation and would be happy for another clarification: In your videos, the white line always appears in the same place? It's the upper left area parallel to top edge, if you would hold the phone with the Sony logo up and led upper left. Am I right? Have you'd ever seen the glitch playing video in portrait mode?
2017-06-03 03:38 PM - edited 2017-06-03 03:43 PM
For comparison the line should have appeared 1.00 to 1.03 in the screenshot. True? can not read it
Horizontal mode. Sony logo. Power light. White lines always appear in the same place
Longitudinal mode not tried
2017-06-04 06:46 AM
I have the same issue while watching amazone prime and netflix
2017-06-05 03:44 AM
Here are the answers to the questions,
2. Very often, >20
3. Not on youtube
4. Yes and amazon prime
5. No, I don't have any local content at my disposal, thus didn't test it on local content
6. Yes, always flashes next to the front camera(phone held horizontal only, both sides) first it flashed left and afterwards right, both next to the camera.
7. It don't show up on the screen recording, I tried multiple apps.