account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

XZ Premium When watching a movie, the white line suddenly flashes at the bottom left of the screen

Apprentice
Message 1 of 47
Message 1 of 47

XZ Premium When watching a movie, the white line suddenly flashes at the bottom left of the screen

When watching movies, the occasional screen at the bottom of the screen will suddenly flash, which is a software problem? (Set the ultra-realistic display mode, image enhancement)

P_20170529_142002_vHDR_On.jpg

Original video .........White lines appear in 00:37

Video sharing

Youtube mobile video has white lines。1:07~1:08

46 REPLIES 46
Emperor
Message 2 of 47
Message 2 of 47

Re: XZ Premium When watching a movie, the white line suddenly flashes at the bottom left of the scre

@ethanol99

which app are you using to watch a movie? 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 3 of 47
Message 3 of 47

Re: XZ Premium When watching a movie, the white line suddenly flashes at the bottom left of the scre

@uliwooly wrote:

@ethanol99

which app are you using to watch a movie? 

Built-in player

Video & TV SideView

Sony Xperia Developer
Message 4 of 47
Message 4 of 47

Interesting. I have not seen this issue. 

So "video image enhancement" is enabled, that's it? 

Does this only happen for 4K video?  

Can this be reproduced with all video content? (would it for instance happen if you play a youtube video?)

Can you please share the video format of  the video played in this clip?

Apprentice
Message 5 of 47
Message 5 of 47

@Bjorn_O wrote:

Interesting. I have not seen this issue. 

So "video image enhancement" is enabled, that's it? 

Does this only happen for 4K video?  

Can this be reproduced with all video content? (would it for instance happen if you play a youtube video?)

Can you please share the video format of  the video played in this clip?

Video image enhancement. Enabled
Some people have xzp
Has tried the built-in movie, youtube, netflix have certain probability will appear
But the frequency is not fixed
Video format? mp4
Is it the original video? The original video is on the top floor

Apprentice
Message 6 of 47
Message 6 of 47

Hi, I also encounter the same issue. I find that the problem occurs no matter video enchancement is enabled or not. Is it a hardware issue that I should get a replacement unit?

Veteran
Message 7 of 47
Message 7 of 47

OMG not again the quality control issues, Sony why! Slightly frowning Face
I hope mine device will be free of any issues Slightly frowning Face Slightly frowning Face Slightly frowning Face

Sony Xperia Developer
Message 8 of 47
Message 8 of 47

Hi ethanol99.

The video you have linked to seems to be a recording of the XZP showing the problem.

Can you please share the video giving you this problem? It would help us to investigate if it is a software or hardware problem.

Thanks

/Sebastian

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
Apprentice
Message 9 of 47
Message 9 of 47

@Sebastian_Courel wrote:

Hi ethanol99.

The video you have linked to seems to be a recording of the XZP showing the problem.

Can you please share the video giving you this problem? It would help us to investigate if it is a software or hardware problem.

Thanks

/Sebastian

Shared link at the top level

Apprentice
Message 10 of 47
Message 10 of 47

Hi, here showing the white line flashes under safe mode

Video