account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

XZ Premium Solve this puzzle.

SOLVED
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

XZ Premium Solve this puzzle.

Hi,

My Sony experia xz premium mobile has a broken power button and also broken volume buttons, the phone is stuck in the OFF mode and has lots of important photos on there that were not backed up prior to the problem. All the solutions I have found require the broken buttons, and my provider will reset the phone when repairing, which would destroy my data..

Please help. 

Kind regards

Shane (MrNeedsHelp)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Re: XZ Premium Solve this puzzle.

@Mrneedshelp wrote:

Hi,

My Sony experia xz premium mobile has a broken power button and also broken volume buttons, the phone is stuck in the OFF mode and has lots of important photos on there that were not backed up prior to the problem. All the solutions I have found require the broken buttons, and my provider will reset the phone when repairing, which would destroy my data..

Please help. 

Kind regards

Shane (MrNeedsHelp)

You have to specifically tell them not to reset and need to repair the hardware buttons and contact u.. if they hav minimum common sense they will do it for u... Or if it's their company policy for reset to repair , then that's why you have to buy operator free handsets..  

Well are you sure power button not working? Does the phone do offline charging?  The reset they say will be done bcos to ensure nothing is caused by software issue even the power button but they can inspect the device Wats wrong .. contact them in the best way possible..

5 REPLIES 5
Emperor
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

@Mrneedshelp 

I'm sorry to tell you this but there isn't a way to turn it on if the power button isn't working. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

@Mrneedshelp wrote:

Hi,

Please help. 

Kind regards

Shane (MrNeedsHelp)

You have to specifically tell them not to reset and need to repair the hardware buttons and contact u.. if they hav minimum common sense they will do it for u... Or if it's their company policy for reset to repair , then that's why you have to buy operator free handsets..  

Well are you sure power button not working? Does the phone do offline charging?  The reset they say will be done bcos to ensure nothing is caused by software issue even the power button but they can inspect the device Wats wrong .. contact them in the best way possible..

Visitor
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question, although that wasn't the answer I was hoping for it is the answer I needed. 

So I have to convince Vodafone to repair it without reseting it, or pay an independent repairer to do it if Vodafone refuse. Unfortunately that will cost me around £70, which is not ideal just to recover some photos :/ it will have to wait.

Thanks again Mahesh. 

Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

@Mrneedshelp wrote:

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question, although that wasn't the answer I was hoping for it is the answer I needed. 

So I have to convince Vodafone to repair it without reseting it, or pay an independent repairer to do it if Vodafone refuse. Unfortunately that will cost me around £70, which is not ideal just to recover some photos :/ it will have to wait.

Thanks again Mahesh. 

Ya it's gona cost a lot if u take it for repair in outside shop. Well this is why I advise people to use Google photos app which automatically back up whatever pictures or videos we take or folders chosen.  It's done quietly in background. So anything happens to phone we atleast get those photo moments back. 

Anyway.. if it's ok to repair the phone outside or at Sony centre that would be fast I guess if it's the problem of hardware button and no other issues.  Sony service centre can make the repair out fast but I don't know if it's operator based, they do it or not as per contract may be.. so first visit Vodafone and ask everything and then ask them if you can take it service centre and do it . 

Finally if nothing works u know wat to do..

One time poster
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Io ho un problema con il mio sony . Da qualche giorno si blocca e poi si spegne da solo, e si accende da solo. Cosa devo fare? Grazie mille 

I have a problem with my sony. For a few days, it has stopped and then goes off by itself, and turns on by itself. What should I do? thanks a lot
gt