account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

XZ Premium Light patch on screen

Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: XZ Premium Light patch on screen

Can you send in some details/screenshot of the problem please? Also which region, which patch...

Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

I'm sorry I posted prior to explaining the issue.

around 10cm from the base of the screen about 20cm from the left, there is a small light patch on the screen, it's more obvious when the background is white. Bit irritating for a 4k screen to have this issue.

Ignore the other patches which are reflections, you will see it around the 's' of Biggleswade and on the other photo near the back button.

IMG_0494.JPGIMG_0495.JPG

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Thanks...Yes, I see it on both the pictures. Does not look like a S/W or settings issue. At most you can try to do this once:

Settings - Display - increase brightness to 100% and then bring it back to 25-30% to check if the issue is still there.

If yes, then it could be screen pixel i.e. H/W issue - and best to take it to Sony Support Center to have it checked out. If you phone is under warranty, you should insist and get a screen replacement done, if they can't fix it.

Inhabitant
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

I have this recently and its in the exact same location. It's the same in every way. Weird flaw, but I'm 100% sure it wasn't there when I bought it.