account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

XZ Premium Bluetooth car audio

Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

XZ Premium Bluetooth car audio

Brand new xzp, merc c300, previous z5 worked perfectly with same car. New xzp only allows telephone audio not full Bluetooth playback with music, podcasts etc.... Comes up as media audio not allowed? 

Very poor! 

9 REPLIES 9
Genius
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: XZ Premium Bluetooth car audio

@JMonty I don't drive a C300 but a Dodge vehicle with the premium infotainment system and my XZP works flawlessly with it. 

Now, I am aware that the C300, depending the year and the infotainment system, may present some issues with bluetooth devices that use different/newer protocols. This issue is Mercedes related, not Xperia/Sony... or it may be that you need to enable the music protocol from the bluetooth settings.

Go in settings, bluetooth and tap the gear (settings) icon near the connection name - Is Media selected? In some cases it happened that the Media checkbox was disabled. 

Try and let me know..

» If you find that an answer helped, say thanks and give kudos Slightly smiling Face

Wizardry is the key!
Learner
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

thanks @YoGem

the Media checkbox is greyed out and can't be selected when the MB300 bluetooth is connected. 

to be honest I rather disagree that it's a Merc problem - the audio system in the car worked perfectly well with both my previous 2 x Sony Z5 phones for all audio and phone connectivity. I can't see why Sony would release a new phone that doesn't work with (not that much older - the car is 2 yrs old) previous accessories and external items which it's own phones worked very well with before. Stable backwards connectivity should be an important design and technical consideration surely?

Visitor
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

I have problem with connecting phone...connecting only media...both call and media are ticked in boxes in Settings on phone... Tried deleting devices and starting again...comes up with message ". MEDIA CONNECTED CANNOT ACCESS PHONE PROFILE. 

Visitor
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

Agree! Just found out that mzd-connect on my mazda doesn't support XZ premium...but any other Sony phone it will... So just have to wait for the update I guess... DISAPPOINTED : (

One time poster
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

Same here doesnt work with toyota prius

Genius
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

Ok then before trying with a software repair, could you please try restarting the phone in safe mode#?  Will the Bluetooth connect? 

» If you find that an answer helped, say thanks and give kudos Slightly smiling Face

Wizardry is the key!
Apprentice
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

I have a same issue with my VW Golf VII (2015) with integrated Composition Media. My former Z5 Premium was sending more info to the display while playing Bluetooth media, e.g. Spotify's song titles and allowed for scanning in the track. None of both options do work now.

Thanks for any tip

Cheers

Learner
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

Same problem with Metadata in my car. Vw golf 2015-Sony Z5 Premium.... It will connect to the car just fine, and audio on both calls and when playing music is just fine. (I play music with default Google music player for music stored on the phone and also streaming with Spotify. Problem is, there is no way to use the buttons on steering wheel to skip songs, (in other words stealing my focus away from the road) and it's missing Artist/Album /Track Title and cover photo.

One time poster
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

I have the same issue with my BMW X3.  The phone and contact work fine but music streaming seems to connect but when I try to select the music source from bluetooth, it just won't connect.  I used Z5 Premium before and it worked just fine.  Wonder if Sony will do anything about this. 

Screen mirroring also not work probably, only home screen, setting and Music app would mirror onto the car screen but when I try to open other apps, it just disconnect.  Apparently, Sony choose to block non-compliant HDCP output device. 

With these 2 issues, it's the first time I am considering  switching to Samsung or LG if they are not doing anything about it.