account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

XZ PREMIUM WON'T CHARGE AND WON'T TURN ON

Apprentice
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

XZ PREMIUM WON'T CHARGE AND WON'T TURN ON

I have XZ Premium and the issue is, it is not turning on nor charging. Though i felt that my phone is somehow heating but the screen is completely dead. I tried couple of methods, the 6 seconds reset and 120 seconds force reset but it didn't worked. Still hoping, I also tried to consult and brought it to a technician (not Service Center) and he told me that i should say goodbye to my phone because he won't be able to repair it. What he did was he opened the device, removed and reconnected the battery yet it is still not turning on. His conclusion was that the motherboard has been damaged.

My question is, if i bring it to service center and pay to replace the motherboard, are my data and files or the internal storage remain safe? or will it be erase?

Really need some enlightenment.

5 REPLIES 5
Pioneer
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: XZ PREMIUM WON'T CHARGE AND WON'T TURN ON

Hi @Lui8490 ;

Unfortunately I am afraid to say that if you replace your phone motherboard you will loose all your data, but even if you don't replace it, the simple process of repairing the phone software and installing the latest firmware (that is usually made in the service centre) will also erase all your phone data.

The only solution is if you make regularly phone backups you can restore them when receiving the repaired XZ Premium (or a new one).

Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Hi @Lui8490, sorry to hear about your device. Slightly frowning Face

As @NunoSEN2 wrote, even if the service centre do not replace the motherboard, the standard routine at the service centre is to reset the device and update it to the latest SW version. You can always ask them not to do this, unless it's necessary, but I can't give you any guarantees, but it's worth asking.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Apprentice
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Hi @NunoSEN2,

Thanks for your insight, so that answers my question that it will erase my internal data when the motherboard will be replace. Actually, I do have back up of my data. It just happened there is an occasion before the issue occured and my device went dead, i have taken lot of photos and recorded videos and didn’t got the chance to sync on that day. Now i’m wondering if there’s a way to recover those photos and videos.

Apprentice
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Hi @Jonas,

As i replied to @NunoSEN2, wondering if theres a way to retrieve my data. I’m thinking of not getting my device fixed coz’ for sure it will cost a lot, most recommend to buy a new one instead.

So i’m gonna go to the Sony Service Centre near my place and ask them if it is possible to access the internal storage and get the data i have missed to sync.

btw, thanks for your advise 😀

Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

@Lui8490, you're very welcome!

Hopefully the outcome is positive!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.