account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Wrong number format in Contacts. Why?

Learner
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Wrong number format in Contacts. Why?

Hi,

I've just bought an XZ Premium, and have transferred all contacts from my old phone, an Xperia ZR, to the new phone using Xperia Transfer Mobile. However all the phone numbers on the XZ Premium are now displayed in a wrong format - the correct format (as on the ZR) should be "xxxx xxxx", but on the XZ Premium they became "xxx-xxx-xx".

I was told I needed to switch on Location before doing the transfer, so I deleted all contacts, switched on Location and retried, but got same result. Why did this happen? What else do I need to set before doing the transfer?

When I create a new contact on the new phone, the number is displayed correctly as "xxxx xxxx".

Many thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Genius
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Wrong number format in Contacts. Why?

@ctgrass depending on how many contacts you have would it be possible/easier to just edit the actual numbers...not entirely sure why that happened but i have noticed this happen a couple of times on my Z5 when i've added a new contact

Learner
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the reply dandy63. I have 500+ contacts, it's possible to just edit the numbers manually but it'll take a lot of work to edit them all. Problem is if at some point for whatever reason I need to restore all contacts from a backup, I'll have to do it all over again...

I asked my local Xperia support yesterday about this, the person I talked to said this is normal behaviour with the current software on the XZP, transferred contact numbers will always be in that "wrong" format by default.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

I am also facing the same problem in Sony Xperia R1.no music player and no gallery.