account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Will Xperia XZ premium support Double Tap to wake up?

Message 131 of 163
Message 131 of 163

Re: Tap to wake

Normally I let people do their own research...but just for fun why not try a few of these???
https://play.google.com/store/search?q=double%20tap%20to%20wake&c=apps&hl=en
Enthusiast
Message 132 of 163
Message 132 of 163

Re: Will Xperia XZ premium support Double Tap to wake up?

now it's nov ,2017 ends

Learner
Message 133 of 163
Message 133 of 163

@StanleyKubrick wrote:
Normally I let people do their own research...but just for fun why not try a few of these???
https://play.google.com/store/search?q=double%20tap%20to%20wake&c=apps&hl=en

For screen on they use gravity sensor, not double tap.

Message 134 of 163
Message 134 of 163

And what do you think the Sony version of double tap uses?

Several choices have been presented as a solution.

The one I use works perfectly...all I have to do is wave my hand over the top sensor.

Double tapping on the screen is no easier.

In fact, when using double tap there are many times the phone will wake up in your pocket or purse due to being "tapped" by other objects. Waving over the sensor has never caused the phone to wake up in my pocket so I think it is a better solution. Why not try one...you may be pleasantly surprised.

Learner
Message 135 of 163
Message 135 of 163

I've also tried it together with Gravity screen, it's not bad but the screen wakes up a lot of times when not needed. 

One time poster
Message 136 of 163
Message 136 of 163

Lock Xperia XZ premium

Translation via Google Translate:

Can someone tell me why the premium xz can not be blocked or unlocked with a double click on the screen

Alguien me podría decir porque el xz premiun no se puede bloquear o desbloquear con el doble click en la pantalla 

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 137 of 163
Message 137 of 163

Double tap to wake / sleep

Seriously, when will Sony get this back online on newer devices? My Z5 Premium retains this function flawlessly while my XZP can't do either of those. I prefer not to constantly press my power Button to wake up and lock my device every 30 seconds thank you very much.

One time poster
Message 138 of 163
Message 138 of 163

Tapping

Comment activer le tapotement sur sony xz premium si ça existe 

How to activate the tapping on sony xz premium if it exists

GT

Learner
Message 139 of 163
Message 139 of 163

Re: Tapotement

Can you please use english. I'm not sure if this is what you want to know. Xz Premium doesn't have double tap to wake or double tap to lock. 

Apprentice
Message 140 of 163
Message 140 of 163

Double tap to wake/sleep

Dear Sony, please introduce this to the xzs. We need it badly. On the other hand let us know if you have kept it hidden else where (which should be highly unlikely).